Chapter 15: Armor

AN : Happy new year! Thank you to everyone who has been reading and giving me feedback on this story, means so much to me. Since the show is taking a leap soon, I was wondering if anyone of you is interessted in me continuing the story. Would you guys want to read more after the leap ends?   Let me know in the comments :)  Anyways, happy reading! 

"I do what it takes to make this right

But we got to stop before the regret

After the war is won

There's always the next one

I' II do what it takes to make this right"

Armor by Landon Austin

Ram grunted in pain as the light hit his eyes when he woke up, giving him a headache.

"Careful munchkin" he heard Nandini say as she quickly got up from her chair and stood next to his hospital bed in mere seconds. Ram could not help but gasp surprised, when he felt Nandini gently kiss his hand before she interlocked her hands with his in steady grip.

"Adi, wake up. Ram is finally awake, tell the doctors and nurses to check on him right away" Nandini ordered, her voice authoritative with a hint of relief while she tucked his hair behind his ear with her free hand.

"Mom, I'm perfectly fine. Tell me  about you, please tell me you did not get hurt?" he asked looking for bruises

Nandini smiled at him gently "No, you saved me. Which was heroic but also incredible stupid, munchkin. You scarred me, please don't do that again not even for me. Especially not for me." Nandini said before fixing his pillow

"Mom, the pillow is fine" he said blushing a little, remembering how much fuss Nandini used to make when he would get cold when he was a kid, before his dad passed away.

Adi, who had woken up by Nandini's word, leaped forward and hugged Ram making him gasp surprised. Ram patted his friend's back gently as he chuckled gently.

"It's good to see you too, buddy" he said softly

Adi moved away from Ram before Nandini could scold him and said "Happy to have you back with us Ram, I will go tell the doctor and the nurse that you are out of coma" he said running out of the hospital room.

Nandini was twitching with her wedding ring anxious, mentally praying that the doctor would say Ram is perfectly healthy after doing their checkup.

"Mom"

"Hmm, munchkin what is it? Do you need water, another blanket?" she asked concerned

"A glass of water, please" he said bashful

Nandini smiled at him gently as she helped him drink a little water

"Thanks mom" Ram said softly taking her hand in hers, trying to make her feel relaxed

"I almost lost you Ram, when you were laying in my arms bleeding out, I felt like the grounds beneath my feet was shaking. I was terrified to lose the child, who made me a mother. I made a lot of mistakes Ram, but I made a promise to myself and to God that if you woke up, I was going to make it right. Be the mother you always deserved, the one your father trusted me to be" Nandini spoke firmly, her voice steady but her eyes filled with emotions of a woman living with regret and had faced to many losses.

Ram looked at Nandini confused, before he could ask any questions to understand her statement better the doctor walked in alongside the nurse, with Adi and Kunal following.