Long Island's "Quality" Time

Y/N wasn't having a great morning. The raffle from yesterday kept him up all night, the results he prayed would never happen.

Sure, he was fine with Long Island, he assumed all they would really be doing was gaming. Hopefully she'll be wearing pants...or just something to cover up down there.

Shuhrat: "BAH-HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Y/N: "Oh my gooooood."

He was groaning into his hands. This was not a good day.

Alex: "Come on comrade. It can't be that bad, right?"

Unicorn was sitting in his lap eating her breakfast. She was a lot less shy compared to when they met her. Usually, she would be shy with everyone on base except for a few, but now whenever Alex was with her, she would pull a 180 and become extremely bubbly with everyone.

Y/N found it nice that his best friend found a greater purpose. Although it still puzzled him how he legally adopted her. All he knew was that Kate had found documents that could make the adoption legit. She was reluctant to do it but got "convinced", as Alex put it.

He kept watching and finally realized something. He didn't even know how old she was.

Y/N: "Hey Uni?"

Unicorn: "Mmfm?"

Her mouth was stuffed with pancakes. A bit of syrup was dripping down her chin so Alex took a napkin and wiped it before it could dirty her white dress.

Alex: "Remember little ангелочек, don't talk with your mouth full, it's not polite."
["angel"]

She looked up at him and nodded understandingly. Y/N smiled, finding it wholesome.

Unicorn: "Sorry papa. I'll try to remember."

She turned back to Y/N.

Unicorn: "What is it, big brother?"

Y/N: "I just wanted to know how old you were. I don't think any of us actually thought about it. I'm guessing maybe...six, since you're so small and adorable?"

She stared at him with a deadpan expression before giggling, then laughing out loud. It was cute, but confused Y/N.

Unicorn: "Hehe-ha-ha, no silly I'm not that young. I'm actually seventeen."

Everything at the table stopped

Everything at the table stopped. Shuhrat stopped laughing at Y/N, Timur's pencil snapped in his fingers, Maxim dropped his fork spilling food on himself, and Alex spat out the vodka he was drinking, spraying Y/N in the face. Even with everything that just happened, all of their attention was on the girl.

Y/N: "....................what?"

Unicorn: "I said seventeen."

Alex: "I'm sorry little one, but please say it once more?"