06 | deal

you know it's not the same as it was.

"i really do love you." Steve smirked at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, sending chills down my spine.

"I love you too." I reply back, pecking him on the cheek.
He blushed a little then leaned in to kiss me again, but then Sodapop walked in.

"Oh-hey." He stated awkwardly, sitting down across from us. I could feel Steve roll his eyes which made me crack a grin.

"Whatta ya want?" Steve asked sourly, his tone awfully bitter towards his best friend.

"Chill, I just wanted to hang with you two." Soda said defensively.

"Well we're quite busy." Steve crossed his arm, pulling his arm away from my shoulders.

"I see." Soda hangs his head sadly. "Have fun...I guess." And with that, Soda left to go wherever he goes during the day.

I had just turned fifteen, Steve wanted some alone time with me on my special day.

"I can't wait to marry you." He smirked into my neck, I smirked at him as well.

"Me too."

I blinked awake. Another flashback of him. Why couldn't I forget about him already?! Everything we had was long gone, there's nothing I could do to change that.

Maybe I could, I didn't know then.

Besides, that's what Steve wants. He wants me to come running back to him, because then he'd have won. And I can't get his cocky mind to get even cockier. I messed with my already messy hair. I didn't think it could get anymore messy than it was, but obviously I was wrong.

A shower should do the trick. I thought tiredly, maybe it'd even wake me up a little. I went with the idea and grabbed a towel and some spare clothes. I was home alone, since I now lived alone, so I didn't worry about locking the door to the bathroom.

I turned the shower on and waited patiently for it to turn warm, I don't think I could possibly take a shower with cold water pouring down my body. I thought I had heard the front door open but I told myself it was just my imagination, nobody has the second keys to my house anyways.

To my utter shock, the door creaked open, revealing my ex boyfriend, Steve. I screamed I'm terror, his eyes looking me over.
"You're so beautiful." He smiled at me, making me freeze in shock.
"Get out!" I screamed, trying my best to cover myself up.
"What if I refuse?" He challenged, cocking an eyebrow.
"We're not a thing anymore!" I yelled at him, searching for my towel.
I looked at Steve again and saw that he was holding my towel in one hand, a smirk growing onto his lips.

I ran over to him and shoved him out the door, my cheeks blushing madly. Sometimes I couldn't stand Steve Randle, he really got on my nerves sometimes. But I loved him, and I tried my best to hide those feelings to the pit of my heart, but I knew they were still true and alive.

I climbed into the shower, letting the warm water hit my skin. It calmed my nerves, I suddenly forgot all about the incident with Steve, all that mattered now was calming the nerves that made my body feel stiff.
Sure, Steve was attractive, but he hurt me. Giving him another chance was like giving a shooter another bullet since they missed the first time.

I twisted the knob, shutting the water off. I stepped out and almost slipped, but I kept still and hurriedly looked for my towel. Then I remembered, Steve had taken my towel with him.
I didn't know what else to do other then hide myself with the clothes I picked out and walked calmly to the living room, looking around for Steve, but I didn't find him.

"Steve?" My voice was shaky, he didn't actually leave, did he?

"Boo!" Strong hands gripped onto my waist, spinning me around.
"Steve!" I smacked him, hard. He rubbed his cheeks where I had hit him.
"Feisty?" He rolled his eyes.
"Don't do that!" I tried covering myself back up but he handed me the towel.
"I'm sorry." He said sadly.
"You have a lot to be sorry for." I sneered, holding tightly onto the towel and walking slowly back to my room.
He didn't respond, I knew he wouldn't have anything to say anyways.

I dried myself off with my towel and grabbed my clothes and threw them on, that was better. Now I didn't have to worry about Steve looking at me in that way. I took in a shaky breath and turned the door knob, not knowing what to expect when I walked through the door.

"Deirdre." Steve stated, his eyes were hard and frustrated.
"What?" I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, but he stopped me.
"Give me a chance." He said quickly, his voice hard.
"And why should I?"

"You know I love you and would do anything for you." He breathed. "It doesn't even have to be real, we could fake date."
I thought about this. "Look, I know you don't feel the same thing I feel for you, but I want a chance to prove to you that I love you more than any other man will ever love you."

I thought harder, it could work. "Fine, I'll give you three months and if I don't fall for you, you leave me alone."
"Deal."

I reached my hand out for his to shake mine, he shook strongly and he gave me a sly smirk. "What?" I asked.

"I can kiss you again." He smiled, pulling my hand and pulling me into him. Our faves were inches apart, he leaned in slowly, and our lips connected, and I didn't stop him.
I missed the feeling of this, I missed knowing I was his. And most importantly, I missed the fact that me and him would never be the same like we were in high school.

We drifted apart, he was smiling brightly. "Already falling for me, princess?" He smirked.
"Not yet." I winked, strutting away from him and making my way towards the couch.

But the truth is, I had been in love with him since we first laid eyes on each other, and that has never changed since then.