10 | i miss you

Deirdre

All I know about Heather now is that she's in the hospital, I didn't think I had beaten her that badly--but what can I say. She deserved it.

I pulled my hair up into a ponytail, I planned on meeting up with soda and Steve at the dingo today, since we haven't hung out in the longest time, maybe it's been months, I don't remember. All I knew was that I needed to get close with them again, I don't know if I could take another awkward day with them anymore.

I grabbed my coat, three more days until Christmas day, I dreaded it. This is the first one without Johnny and Dally--maybe even Two-Bit. I started out the door, I decided I'd grab my car and drive all of us to the dingo today since I didn't wanna be getting jumped today.

Houses were decorated in decorations for christmas, but I wanted nothing to do with it today, I didn't wanna think about how different it would be than all those other years.

I brushed the thought off, I didn't want to start crying before I saw my friends, so I tried forgetting about it, for now. I pulled into their driveway, Darry had already left for work while Steve and Soda were waiting at the front door, Steve wore his jean jacket with no sleeves and Soda wore his beige plaid jacket.

"Hey y'all, ain't ya cold?" I popped my head out the window, they looked at me, because I was in a coat and gloves.

"Nope, I guess you sure are." Steve laughed, sitting in the passenger seat, fiddling with his fingers. Soda sat in the back, a bright smile planted on his face.

"You sure look happy." I rolled my eyes.

"Sure am." Soda looked at Steve and Steve looked at Soda, giving him a nasty look. I didn't question it, I pulled out of their driveway and started for the dingo. We sat in a comfortable silence.

Soda laid on his back, staring at the car ceiling. He seemed to be bored, so I turned the radio on, the beatles started to play.

"Ugh, I hate the Beatles." Steve scoffed, looking out the window.

"I know." I smirk, Soda looks at both of us and grins.

Steve reached over to change the station, turning on Elvis. I liked Elvis, all the greasers did anyways.

Soda and Steve started to sing along, I joined in after a minute. Soon, the car wasn't silent anymore, it was bustling with three singing teenagers.

We pulled into the Dingo lot, I turned the car off and hopped out of the car, placing my keys into my jeans pocket. Steve and Soda waited for me by the door, I joined them soon after and we made our way to a booth.

I sat next to Steve and Soda sat across from the both of us, shooting grins at the both of us.

"What're you grinning about?" I asked after a moment. Steve widened his eyes at Soda and shook his head.

"Nothing." Soda stopped smiling and looked down, but I knew he was still grinning and I still don't know why. Soda just always was happy, he was happy-go-lucky.

"Ponyboy wrote a book." Soda said, looking back up at us.

"Cool, what about?" I asked, since I knew Steve had no interest in Ponyboy.

"What happened a few months ago when they ran away." Soda said sadly, I remembered how scary that was, and how I kept silently praying that they weren't dead and that they would be okay.

It was a saturday, the day after Johnny killed that soc, the tears kept falling down my face. I missed them so much.