43

Xiu's POV

I was sitting on the bean bag that Hyunhoon bought for me the other day, and I have been sitting here for almost 2 hours like I have nothing to do.

I do have things to do like homework, talking to Dad about the contract, and other things. But after what is happening recently, I kept getting bothered about it. First is Felix telling everyone that he cheated on me when he basically didn't, since we both agreed to date others even if we are engaged. Second is Mom's marriage with Mr. Lee and she doesn't know about the truth.

Is there nothing to worry about?

How do I explain Hyunjin and Hyunhoon what they heard from Felix? How do I tell Felix that my own Mom is the mistress that we have been looking for? The woman he hated the most. Is he going to hate me for that? How do I tell Mom that Mr. Lee did something horrible and lied to her?

How can I act like everything's fine when it's really not?

"Can I come in?" Hyunjin asked

"Yeah. That's not locked."

Hyunjin entered my room and sat on my bed, "Something's wrong, right?"

"Everything is wrong."

"Tell me what. I'll listen. There is nothing to worry about." Hyunjin

I looked at him and asked, "Why aren't you asking me about what happened between me and Felix?"

"Why would I? If you want to tell me, you would just spill it, but it seems like you wanted to keep it to yourself." Hyunjin

"Yeah. As much as possible, I wanted to keep it to myself."

Hyunjin nodded.

I looked at the window again and sighed, "Felix and I had an agreement that we will cancel the wedding and he will pay off Dad's debt in one condition."

"What?" he asked

"I have to help him find out who is his Dad's mistress. He badly wants to know, so I did help him that's why I am always with him these past few days. But we failed to find out who and it frustrates him so much."

Hyunjin patiently listened.

"Felix went here the other night and told me about the promise he made. Just like that, Dad's debt was paid off, and the collaboration is still happening."

"So, there was no cheating? I mean I know you wouldn't mind if he will go with other girls, but for me it's inappropriate." Hyunjin

I nodded and chuckled, "Yeah, same. Anyway, back to the story. Mom went here earlier to talk to me and she told me that she has been seeing the CEO of the Diamond Car Company."

"Felix's Dad? That means your Mom is the woman you guys have been looking for?" Hyunjin shockingly asked

"Yeah. They were planning on getting married. That's why I am in deep thoughts. I don't know what to do. If I should tell Felix or not."

"If you will tell Felix, expect him to hate you and your Mom. If you don't, you will live in guilt and will have to hide the fact that you are Ms. Yuan's child." Hyunjin

"I really don't know what to do."

_______________________

I finished doing the homework and I was about to close the curtains of my window when I noticed a car parked outside our house.

And Felix was leaning on it.

I checked my phone if there is any message or call from him. None. Is he even here for me or my brothers? Should I go out or not? If he is here with Hyunjin, then why is Hyunjin sleeping knowing Felix is coming over?

I hurriedly went out and he was staring at me like there is something he wanted to tell. "Hyunjin is sleeping. Call him or text him to-"

"I'm here for you." he said

Did he find out?

"For what? Didn't we agree not to talk to each other? You said it yourself."

"Hear me out." Felix said

I didn't answer.

"I was so wrong for what I did. I apologize for meeting other girls without telling you. It was so wrong of me to to meet them even if I tell you. I am sorry for that. I am sorry for ignoring you. Whatever the reason is, what I did is unforgivable and I do understand that. But believe me or not... I got scared, Xiu." Felix

"Got scared of falling for me? That's stupid."

He shook his head and said, "I got scared of where this is going. I got scared that you will leave me and hate me. I don't know. I just feel like falling in love was so wrong and it scares me."

"Are you going to involve your parents again?"

"No, I am saying that... After all I did to people, broke their hearts, fooled them, made them cry and everything. I suddenly thought that maybe you were my karma. You were playing with me too, and that scares me. I am sorry." Felix

"But have you ever thought that I was sincere to you? I don't want you to be in pain, Felix. I have seen enough."

Felix started crying and said, "I'm sorry. I know it won't stop the pain I caused. I am really sorry. I promise to change myself and show you that-"

I hugged him tight and caress his back, "I will forgive you even if you don't ask me to."