00.09

SEPTEMBER 1ST, 1994 (THE DAY I DIE...)

"We will find ourselves in Never, Neverland"

I must have been trying for quite some time because the next thing I knew, Alex and Reggie came bursting into the room.

First POV

"Guys!" I exclaimed when I saw them. Only to remember they can't hear or see me. Well, this me.

They looked at my body on the bed and their faces changed. Luke got up and went to them. I could feel his hand leave mine. Alex pulled him into a hug, letting him break down in his embrace. Reggie stood there, unable to take his eyes off my body.

"Wha-What have the d-doctors said?" He asked my parents, stuttering through his tears.

"They've done all they can but it's up to her now..." Mom sobbed.

"I'm trying, Momma! I promise!" I just wanted to hug her and tell her I was okay.

Reggie slowly approached my body and sat in the chair next to me where Luke was before. He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it gently. I felt his kiss on my hand and started to cry at it. I just wanted to hug all of them. I just wanted to wake up!

Luke eventually let go of Alex, who approached my body and stood next to Reggie, who was still holding my hand. He went on the other side of him and leaned over me, placing a kiss on my forehead which I felt too.

Their affections only made me try harder to get in control of my body. I tried jumping into my body, I tried falling, and I even tried to mess with the machines that I was hooked up to but nothing happened.

Another doctor came in and wrote down all my vitals.

"What's happening to her exactly?" Alex asked him.

"Her lungs are giving up. They aren't producing enough oxygen for her heart. It's making her heart slow down and well... from the vitals we've taken so far for the hours you've been here, there hasn't been a sign of oxygen going up. But we're still going to give it time, from what I've been told, she's a fighter." The doctor smiled at all three boys.

"She is..." Luke said, looking back at me. The tears from his eyes fell and all I wanted to do was hug him.

I didn't know this but Luke was only thinking about how he'd been treating me the last few days... he could've been laughing with me but instead, he resented me. And that hurt him the most.

"Ugh! I. Just. Wanna. Wake. Up!" I balled my fists in frustration.

"Hey! Her hand just squeezed mine!" Reggie exclaimed. My eyes widened in shock.

"What?" My mom asked.

"She did?" The doctor asked, grabbing his chart and looking at it.

"It was a light squeeze but I swear! I wouldn't joke about this!" He said, looking at the others in shock.