03.01

HOLLYWOOD, 2020

"Oh please, I heard at least 8 dudes talking about your boobs as we were leaving

"Oh please, I heard at least 8 dudes talking about your boobs as we were leaving."

First POV

Julie stared out at the crowd with a nervous smile. She looked to me and the guys but our faces mirrored hers, we didn't know what to do or how to help. The stage manager then ran onto the stage.

"Hey, where'd the rest of the band go?" He asked her.

"Wait. Were those holograms?" The purple girl from the group before shouted out. 

Julie suddenly met my eyes and I was shaking my head up and down quickly. That was her ticket out of this!

"Yes! Yes, they were holograms." She pointed to the girl with a light chuckle. "Um, I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff."

Suddenly, the students started cheering and applauding for her. I could see the expression of her teacher, who look happy and was cheering with the crowd. I smiled to myself, having more hope that the plan would work now.

"That's wild! They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended." Luke stated looking at us, bewildered.

"We should double-check! Come on, Rory!" Reggie said before grabbing my hand and pulling up onto the stairs with him. 

He started to shake his hips and butt towards the crowd, doing a little dance.

"Yeah, I'm not doing that." I laughed as I watched him.

He ignored me and saw there was no reaction from the crowd. "Yeah, I don't... I don't think they can see us." He whisper-yelled to us.

"I wish I couldn't see you." Alex said, looking away from him and pulling me off the stairs gently.

"Okay, people, show's over! Let's get back to class, please!" The Principal shouted to the crowd. 

As the crowd started to move, I could see the pink Barbie from before talking to the girl in purple.

"What was that? 'Were those holograms?'" She mocked her. 

"And I thought Brianna was toxic." I said to myself.

I saw Julie's teacher go up to her and I smiled, this was the make-or-break moment. 

"Let's go out into the hall guys, give Julie and her teacher some privacy." I said, gesturing to a set of doors near us. 

The boys nodded and we headed outside into the hall. As soon as we made it out into the hall, we screamed and shouted, grabbing each other and hugging one another. This excitement went on for a couple of minutes. I jumped on Luke's back and he spun us around as we continued to celebrate.