01.01

LOS ANGELES, 2020 - LOS FELIZ HIGH SCHOOL

"I aM nOt!"

Third POV

Julie Molina walked down the hall towards her locker. She hid her face under her red cap and held her books close to her chest. When she made it to her locker and opened it, her best friend came up behind her.

"Hey, underachiever." Flynn greeted with a smile.

"Hey, disappointment." Julie replied, unable to contain her smile at the sight of her best friend.

"Okay, I know you don't want me to ask you this, but have you figured out what you're gonna do today?" Flynn asked her.

"I'll know in the moment." She replied with her excuse.

"Really, Jules? That's all you're giving me?" Flynn questioned. "Ms. Harrison said that this is your last chance."

"I know. I was there." Julie replied making Flynn sigh.

"See you at the rally!" A girl's voice could be heard from the middle of the foyer across from them. She was waving to people and handing out flyers.

"Ugh. What is she handing out?" Flynn asked, rolling her eyes.

"Desperation?" Julie snickered.

"Mm." Flynn nodded.

The girl suddenly came over to them and handed them the flyers she had.

"Here you go. My group's performing at the spirit rally tomorrow." She said with fake excitement. "I'm sure you guys have nothing better to do."

"Oh my gosh, Carrie. Thanks!" Flynn replied sarcastically.

"Oh my gosh, Flynn. Don't bother coming!" Carrie mocked her sarcasm before turning around and walking away. Flynn crumbled up the flyer in annoyance.

Julie watched her walk away, only to see the guy she's been crushing on she could remember. She stared at him dreamily before Flynn spoke up, seeing her daze.

"Nick? Still? You know they're gonna get married and have a bunch of unholy babies." Flynn said, referring to the fact that Nick and Carrie were dating.

"Nick's a sweetheart." Julie quietly corrected her.

"You'd actually have to talk to him to know that. And only one of them has to be a demon to make a demon baby." Flynn said.

She turned in Carrie's direction and shouted, "Demon!"

Surprisingly Carrie looked back and shot them a glare that could kill someone, making the girl turn around quickly and snicker to themselves.

"There's that smile." Flynn pointed out, smiling too. "Now, let's go prove everybody wrong."

The girls walked to their music class and sat in their seats. Today was the performance day, the day where you performed a piece that you wrote that was inspired by something.