i - THE MASQUERADE

SOPHIE'S POV

"SO, ARE YOU EXCITED FOR THE MASQUERADE?" My maid Biana asked while curling my hair. 

"Not really, to be honest, I'm just nervous because the Neverseen are going to be there, Dad says they won't attack but I wouldn't put it above them." I answered, I'm in general not afraid of the Neverseen but recently there have been little 'accidents' occurring near the border.

"Fair point," Biana said as she finished my last curl and set the rod down. "And you're done!"

I looked in the mirror, "Looks great thank you!" I looked better than great, to be honest, Biana had been working on my dress and outfit for hours and her work really paid off. The dress was a mid-length black satin with spaghetti straps, simple but elegant. It was paired with a fancy black mask.

I checked my phone, "Oh damn it's getting late, I need to be at the carriage soon."

"Send some pictures to me!"

"I will!" I said before departing and rushing downstairs (And nearly tripping a dozen times) to the main foyer of the castle to where my parents were waiting. "Sorry, I'm a bit late."

"It's okay the driver should be here in just a moment."

We waited and then eventually we heard the car pull up to the main doors and we entered, we were only bringing two guards today, Sandor—a buff grumpy pale old man whose allergic to absolutely everything, and my cousin Dex.

I got in the back of the car. It was a sleek black Rolls-Royce that looked incredibly imposing, more imposing than a car ought to be. 

Once we were all piled in, it started going, I was messing around on my phone most of the time or looking out the window upon the changing scenery. Time seemed to pass very quickly because before I knew it we were slowing down in arrival at the hall where the ball was being held.

My parents got out first and I got out last alongside the guards who opened the door for me.

I stepped out and waved to the paparazzi who were obsessively snapping photos, flashes were going everywhere and it made me slightly dizzy.

"Princess, what's the brand of the dress you're wearing?"

"Are you getting married soon?"

"Are you dating anyone?"

"How are you feeling coming here tonight?"

"What do you think about the Neverseen coming here tonight?"

"Do you think the prince is hot?"

The reporters yelled questions faster than I could ever hope to answer. I was actually told not to really answer things tonight because we need to get inside as soon as possible.

﹤୨♡୧﹥

The masquerade was boring, I snapped some pictures along with a message and sent them to Biana, 'Literally bored as hell right now, I'll save you some snacks.'

I clicked my phone off and went for the table that carried the refreshments, I got a glass of this strawberry drink as well as a couple of pieces of fruit and cookies.

I retreated to a table in the back corner to hide a little bit, the entire thing was boring and I was sick of people gawking at me like I was some type of animal in a zoo.

My thoughts were interrupted by a hot blonde guy sitting down in the seat beside me, "You bored too?"

I nodded, "Yeah, my parents said it would be a lot more fun than it actually is."

"Same, this is like the only time I've managed to slip away from them in like the last hour."

"Ooh that's annoying, my parents ditched me to go talk to everyone here, I don't really mind though it's more fun here than talking to people I don't even know."

"You don't know me." He pointed out.

"But I could." I pressed.

"Real smooth, I'm Sam, you?"

I was like 99% sure he was lying which was a little strange, but two can play at that game I suppose; "Marie."

"Well then, nice to meet you, Marie."

AUTHORS NOTE | yes, another sokeefe fic because you guys always want me to write more and i have no ideas for original stories so here we are again!