viii - MARRIGE? MORE LIKE...NO

"Please tell me you're not being serious right now."

Edaline sighed, "I know this isn't what you want to hear, but we all know the Neverseen isn't trustworthy and we need a lasting alliance with other kingdoms, they wouldn't dare touch us if we're tied to another kingdom."

I felt my eyes start watering up, "Please, I don't want to do this."

"We don't either, but it's the only way to guarantee the safety and future of the county, I found Grady annoying at first y'know, but look at us now." They were more in love than anyone I knew.

"But I'm not you guys, I don't wanna be treated like some type of alliance building tool."

"Sophie, we love you, but this is not optional. We love you and want what's best for you, but this is what's best for you. I'm sorry this isn't what you want, but it's what's necessary." Grady said, with the tone in his voice indicating it was not up for discussion.

"You know Tam, he's a sweet boy you know that, you've met before a couple times, he'll treat you right."

"I cannot fucking believe this." I said and got up, setting down my steak knife in a rather menacing manner and stormed off to my room.

I took off the simple blue dress I'd been wearing and changed into my white sweatpants and way too big tshirt.

There was a gentle knock on the door.

"I don't want to talk to you please leave me alone."

"It's me." I heard Biana's voice say so I set my computer aside to get up and unlocked my door.

I layed down like a starfish on my bed with Biana taking the desk chair beside my bed.

"Any particular reason why you look like you've been crying your eyes out?"

"Mom and Dad say I need to get married to a dude I barely even know so now I wanna literally go and move to a deserted island for the rest of my life."

"Oh, uh that sounds fun?" She said with a highly concerned expression. "So who are you marrying?"

"Tam Song."

Her cheeks got slightly pinker than normal before she quickly snapped back to normal. I raised my eyebrow but decided not to mention it.

"I'm so pissed off, I know I'm eighteen but they're controlling me like I'm some type of child."

"Yeah, I mean could you maybe explain you're already seeing someone?"

If only she knew, the Neverseen killed her Father and brother Alvar in one of the many wars. Leaving her mother widowed and left with only her and her other brother Fitz whose since joined up in the military.

Telling my parents would maybe be even worse, in the one and only time they actually managed to infiltrate the castle they killed my Aunt Jolie along with her husband Brant.

"I can't tell them."

She huffed, "Why not? You're keeping this guy a big secret, I'm worried for you because we know nothing about him and that's a bit of a red flag Soph. I wanna be happy for you, I really do but meeting up with someone nobody knows anything about doesn't seem safe."

"I know how it sounds, but he's super sweet, I just really can't tell you."

She sucked in a breath and her face went pale, "Sophie be honest are you not telling me because he's from the Neverseen?"

A tense silence ensued for the next few moments. "Yeah. Yeah he is."

"Do you know how dangerous that is? For all we know the Neverseen could be plotting against us right this very second, hell, can you imagine what would happen if one of them like kidnapped you?"

"I know what you're thinking Biana, but he would really never do that. I know him."

"I don't want to lose any more people to the Neverseen." She said with a tears in her eyes.

"You won't, don't worry." I said, wrapping my arms around her and giving her a hug.

"Can I at least meet him?" She requested with her voice quiet.

That's a pretty fair request to be honest, "I'll see what I can do."

Unedited I know, I just wanted to get an update out for you guys, I'm writing this story for you guys, so lmk what you want to happen, comment plot twist ideas lol, I'll credit u if i use it