v - THE MOVIES

KEEFE

I was anxiously waiting on the bench in the park we'd decided on meeting in. 

I'd only been in Blackswan territory a couple of times and each time I was nervous as hell. Those times I'd at least had bodyguards with me, this time...let's just say I better hope no one recognizes me.

I kept on glancing at my phone, I got here a little early because I wanted to make a good impression or whatever and I really don't think being late is the best thing for that.

Someone was approaching me and my head snapped up warily before I recognized the person and relaxed.

"Hey," She said. It was Sophie and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hey," I replied and got up. "Your majestey," I said jokingly and bowed.

Sophie was wearing light ripped jeans with a thick bright blue hoodie as well as a light blue baseball hat. "Ugh not you too, c'mon let's go."

To anyone else, we were just going to be two people hanging out, not their princess and the heir to the enemy.

﹤୨♡୧﹥

SOPHIE

Keefe seemed pretty nervous, then again, if I was in Neverseen territory I think I would be too. So far we'd just been walking around downtown popping into stores and got a box of donuts from a bakery.

He seemed like he was shocked, apparently, the Neverseen capital, Nightfall, looked drab, dark, and depressing all the time and it was a stark contrast to the bright colorful buildings of Eternalia.

"So what do you do for fun around here?" He asked.

I shrugged a little, "I dunno, I have to stay inside a lot because of security stuff, we could go to the movies though?"

His face brightened up, "Sounds fun, let's do it, my mom and dad are also pretty strict because they don't want me to like mess up or anything in public."

"That must suck," I said, I always knew King Cassius and Queen Gisela were two-faced scum bags but Keefe really gave me a closer view of them.

"Definitely," The blonde boy agreed, "now what do you want to watch?" He asked, gesturing towards the outside of the theatre with the movies.

I took a look at them, settling on one of the new Marvel movies, can't watch any of that DC garbage. There were re-runs playing, most notably Shrek.

"Want to watch Shrek?"

"What's a Shrek?"

I sucked in a breath, this man cannot be serious. "Whaddya mean you don't know what Shrek is?"

He shrugged looking confused, "I've never heard of it before?" He answered hesitantly.

"Unacceptable, c'mon we're watching Shrek you uncultured individual." I grabbed his forearm playfully dragging him over to the ticket people and used one of the self-serve kiosks and got our tickets. 

ooo

"Nah bro, I don't think you understand, I would absolutely 110% fuck Shrek," Keefe said into his phone while I died laughing beside him.

Tears were running down my face and freezing on my eyelashes in the cold late fall weather.

For a little context, he and I were playing truth or dare and I dared him to call McDonald's and get into an argument about whose hotter; Shrek or donkey.

"No, Donkey is a good character, iconic—don't get me wrong, but he doesn't exude all the sex appeal that Shrek does. With Shrek, it's...you know, effortless, natural, he has this hot aura thing going on. Total bad boy vibes, like you can't look at that hot piece of ass and not just wanna like-" A momentary pause as he looked at his phone. "This man really hung up."

"He just couldn't handle facts," I said, eating another twizler and adjusting my beanie while sitting cross-legged on a park bench.

"Gimme one." He said holding his hand out for a twizler.

"Ugh, you got your own and already finished them not you're begging for mine?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Fine," I handed him a few, "No more now, I actually wanna have some left."

hey hotties, so it's been about 4 months since i updated which isn't super hot, (mainly because i forgot this story existed most of the time) but i'm definately going to try and update more just to get this story done because i have pretty big plans for it ;)