ix - HOLD UP, YOU'RE A PRINCE?

I tapped my foot on the concrete anxiously as I waited for Keefe. 

Biana and I were hanging out at a park kinda near downtown to meet up, the place was central enough that it wouldn't look too sketchy. Biana really wanted to meet the guy I like and I felt like if I was gonna be hanging out with him a lot and she's gonna be covering for me it's pretty reasonable for her to want to know who he is.

Biana was on a swing blissfully unaware that the person she was about to meet is someone she hates with practically her entire existence.

I swear I was gonna tell her. In fact, I was gonna tell her like forty-seven times, but I may or may not have totally chickened out because I am very much afraid of confrontation.

I told Keefe that Biana wasn't gonna cover for me anymore if she doesn't know who he is because she was paranoid about my safety, which is more or less true. She wouldn't snitch, but she definitely wouldn't go out of her way to cover for my ass—which is pretty reasonable in my opinion.

I looked up from my phone and noticed a familiar blonde head of hair approaching us, he had a baseball hat on, black cargo pants, a black graphic t-shirt, and a basic zip-up sweater. Basically what I'm trying to say is he looked like a model-off-duty.

"Hey," I called out to him as he neared.

"Hey," He said with his stupidly perfect smile that showed his stupidly perfect set of pearly white teeth.

Biana looked him straight in the face and went paler than I've ever seen her. "Sophie...is that?"

I smiled awkwardly, "Biana, meet my friend Keefe."

He gave a little wave and an even more awkward smile. "Nice to meet you."

"Girl you are aware that's Keefe Sencen right?"

I noticed him visibly cringe at the use of his last name momentarily.

"I'm aware."

She shook her head, "Do you realize how much trouble you're going to be in if you get busted?"

"Aaaand that's why we're going to be very careful and they're never gonna know?" I meant to sound confident as I said that but instead, it seemed like I was saying it more to reassure myself rather than anyone else.

Keefe gave a thumbs up.

"I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed."

"Eh, I'll take it."

"Man I was promised donuts," Keefe said.

I shook my head, "C'mon let's go to the bakery."

﹤୨♡୧﹥

Biana and Keefe were actually getting along. 

I'm actually surprised she hadn't accidentally impaled him with something, she's been incredibly polite but has definitely kept her distance. We've been in the mall for a bit and I've picked up some stuff.

Whenever we're walking on the sidewalk Keefe usually takes my left and Biana goes beside me, or wherever is farthest away from him without being rude.

However, I'm pretty sure she's tried to trip him twice.

"Hey I need to use the bathroom I'll be right back," I said and ducked into the mall bathroom.

﹤୨♡୧﹥

keefe's pov

Something tells me Biana doesn't like me too much, I think it's the two times she's slyly attempted to trip me, I'm not exactly clear what her issue is with me but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that I'm from the Neverseen.

Biana carefully watched as Sophie turned down the hall to go to the bathroom before turning to me.

"So, Keefe if that's even your real name..." She started with an already suspicious look.

"It is."

"You like Sophie right?" She asked, but from her expression, I could tell it was less of a question and more of a statement. I was about to deny it but she continued. "And don't lie."

"Yeah." Great now I'm talking about how I have a crush on her friend to somebody who I think absolutely detests me.

"Then listen here, you're Neverseen and I know you can't help that, but it does mean you are a threat to Sophie, and Sophie is basically my family and I don't want anything to happen to her, and if you do anything and she's harmed I swear you're going to regret it."

"I'd never hurt her," I said with a completely straight face because it was the truth, then I asked what I was dying to know. "I know the Blackswan and the Neverseen are usually enemies, but why do you hate me so much?"

She scanned my face with a lot of scrutiny before she answered, "My father and one of my brothers were killed by you guys in one of your fucking raids."

Oh, shit. "I'm so sorry, but I want you to know I don't support the war at all, like the moment I take the crown all of this shit is gonna stop right? It's gone too far already."

She nodded. "I hope you mean that."

"I do."

Very unedited I just wanna get an update out, it's also 1:30 am