x - THE ROYAL SONG VISIT

the sketch ass site teenfic.com is publishing my books and a bunch of other people's without consent, and that's not hot, go report them pls :)

The whole Biana-Keefe introduction yesterday went fairly well in my opinion. Or also known as Biana did not lunge at him and cause serious damage via aiming to rip his eyeballs out of their sockets—which is nice, I like his eyes, and I definitely like them a whole lot more when they're in his face.

I got the opinion she did not care for him one bit, which is pretty fair. It's hard to undo nearly two decades of hating someone just to be expected to be all buddy-buddy with them the next moment.

Dinner tonight was tense, more so than usual. Both my parents were actively avoiding my gaze and sharing worried looks between each other.

I wasn't going to press them about it, no point in asking questions that are only ever going to be half answered and even then just going to make me more stressed. It's true when people say ignorance is bliss.

I scraped my fork against the plate creating a painful ear-murdering scratching noise while dragging my potatoes across the ceramic. I saw Grady wince ever so slightly.

Am I being incredibly petty and childish and should probably grow up and just accept the fact I'm going to be married off like some type of glorified cattle? Yeah, I probably should, but I won't go without kicking up a fit.

One last look was shared between my parents ending in a nod from Edaline, before Grady spoke up; "The Song Royal family is going to be visiting."

I went slack-jawed for a second before regaining my composure. "When?"

"Tonight." He admitted, sounding a little bit apologetic.

Really? They were arriving tonight and thought it would be just brilliant to not mention it? "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"We didn't want you to start a fight over it, we know you'd just wind up moping around miserable until they arrived if you knew any sooner anyway." Edaline butted in.

I scowled, "Great, just great. Parents of the year by the way! Thanks for keeping information from me, just going to meet my future husband tonight, no biggie!"

"We realize this is a big deal for you, but it's already been arranged, all that's left is the official wedding and paperwork."

"You know what? Screw both of you."

"Sophie-" Edaline started before Grady cut her off.

"I understand you are upset, but we are the adults and we get to decide what happens. I am sorry it has to be this way but this is how it has always been and always will be." Grady said with a firm voice.

I took a deep breath, relaxed my face, and said in a dead voice, "I don't think I'm hungry anymore." And got up from the table abruptly, leaving most of my meal untouched.

"We still have plenty of stuff to discuss Sophie-" Grady began but I was already leaving the room, turning them a cold shoulder.

﹤୨♡୧﹥

I can't believe they kept this from me. I'm eighteen, I'm legally an adult and they treat me like some sort of misbehaving child.

I'm not just a mere tool to protect the country and scare the Neverseen away from attacking us, I'm y'know, a living human being. 

That's when the idea popped into my head; leave.

Yeah I know it's been a hot minute like more than a month since I've updated I actually have ideas for the story now tho so updates are gonna be more frequent (i'm probably lying my memory is terrible and i forget this app exists for long periods at a time)