xi - LET'S LEAVE

My bag was packed, in fact, it was stuffed to the brim with stuff I might need to the point where I'm surprised it wasn't bursting at the seams.

But that wasn't very important, I'd been taking deep breaths while pacing around my room for the past hour or so. I was forced to come back from my room once already to formally greet the Song family.

The Songs seemed nice enough I suppose, I didn't speak with him much. Both our families were watching us like hawks. He seemed very quiet, however, I inferred very quickly it was not from timidness but rather because he didn't particularly wish to be here either.

But all that was in the past, this is the future.

I looked out my window. 

It was a clear shot out.

The escape I so desperately wanted--no, not wanted--craved, all I had to do was just take it.

I chewed on my nails and ripped out far more eyelashes than I should have based on the stinging in my eyelid. I looked out, I wasn't high up at all, it wouldn't be difficult to just leave, in fact, I could leave this room in fifteen seconds and disappear out of view of the cameras stationed around the property in their blind spots.

If the escape was right there why couldn't I just take it? 

I had enough money in cash to buy myself a whole house and live comfortably for a couple of decades. I could just disappear so easily yet something was holding me back. More like someone

I whipped out my phone and called the number I had become so familiar with.

It took a couple of rings but eventually the voice I'd gotten to used to spoke.

"It's literally two in the morning this better be good Foster."

I laughed, not as much in humor but more as a nervous reaction. "Can I ask you a serious question? No bullshit sarcastic answers?"

A momentary pause before he replied; "Yeah what's up?"

"If I asked you right now to just leave with me, ditch everything, disappear. Would you?"

Another pause, I could hear his breathing through the phone ever so quietly, "So where are we going?"

I smiled, "I don't know."

"Okay." 

"Okay," I repeated, mimicking his own answer.

"I'll be at the park in an hour."

"Wait really?" I asked.

"Of course." He said, sounding more certain than I'd ever heard him.

Short chapter, totally a filler one but that's okay cause it's about to get good i promise, also two updates in one night??? That like never happens be proud of me im incredibly sleep deprived now, go team!!!