Heart's Desire

Chapters: 43

Reads/Views: 88K

Votes: 10.2K

Author: OwlieCat

Completed

Mature

Description:

"When an injured Wolf shows up on his doorstep, half dead and desperate for protection, gentle giant Monty naturally wants to help. Unfortunately, the Wolf is Kit Mortaine, and he belongs to a dangerous rival Pack.

Fleeing his own family, Kit seeks asylum with Monty's brother's Pack, but the Hunters have learned the hard way not to trust Mortaines. Their female alpha, Selene, was once betrothed to Monty's brother, Dane, and she still hasn't forgiven him for Choosing someone else. Given the chance, she'd gladly restart the war their arranged union was meant to end for good.

Dane is reluctant to grant Kit's request, but Pack law says asylum must be given unless a Pack rejects the seeker as one. Turning his back on someone in need isn't something Monty can do, so Dane allows Kit to stay, as long as Monty agrees to be his bodyguard.

After his last job ended in tragedy, Monty vowed he'd never be responsible for someone else's life again, but something about Kit makes it impossible to refuse. The more time he spends with the young Wolf, however, the more Monty understands: he can't guard Kit and his own heart at once, and he may very well lose both.

...
---
Warnings: 18+ for strong language, some violence, and somewhat descriptive sex."

Tags: #betrayal #boyxboy #bxb #family #gay #lgbt #love #manxman #mates #mature #mxm #outcast #pack #paranormal #paranormalromance #romance #secrets #supernatural #texttospeech #thriller #werewolf #wolf #wolves