Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Jennie doesn't really have the words to describe the state the house is in.

To say that it looks as if a tornado ran through it, got particularly overzealous, and chose to do a second lap would be an understatement.

Cups are strewn all over the floor, leaving a sea of red that Jennie has to wade through. Pieces of trash have snuck themselves into every corner of the house, no matter how nonsensical. There are candy wrappers shoved between the couch cushions and bits of plastic clinging to the counters, stuck there by a sticky substance that she can only hope is some sort of juice.

(Spoiler: it's not.)

Yet, Jennie isn't as bothered by it as she thought she would be. In fact, stumbling across that trash infested floor feels like walking on water. A slightly tangy smell clings to the air, but all that wafts into her nose is the sweetest scent of roses. The knowledge that Rosie loves her tips everything golden, so that when she opens her eyes all she can see is light.

"I say we break up into sections." Lisa has herded them all into the kitchen and now stands before them, poised like a general on duty. Jisoo seems content to stand beside her and take orders. "Rosie and I will handle the kitchen. Chu and Mino can tackle the mess upstairs because they know those rooms best. And, Jennie will stay in the living room, where she will keep her hands far away from my cousin."

"Lisa..." Rosie warns, giving her a look.

Undeterred, she continues. "You heard me. To prevent further cunnilingus—"

"Lisa!"

"—you two will separate for the remainder of the morning. Now, chop chop, team!"

Reluctantly, the group splits into their designated roles and begins their cleaning assignments.

Jennie grabs a trash bag from out of Mino's storage closet and brings it into the living room with her to pick up cups. She hums a jovial tune to herself as she bends down, plucking one after the other out of the pile and setting it in the bag. Some of the leftover liquid touches her fingers and dyes them faint hues of purple and pink.

There are a myriad of colors painted on her palms and a slight ache nipping at her back by the time someone comes to check on her. She hopes that the approaching footsteps will belong to Rosie, but no such luck.

"You need to sweep this floor, Kim." Lisa shoves a broom into her hands. The tiniest of smiles plays on her lips. If Jennie didn't know any better, she would think Lisa was enjoying this.

It should piss her off, but... it doesn't.

"Okay." Jennie shrugs it off, curling her fingers securely around the broom.

Lisa continues to stand there for a long moment, inspecting her. Jennie shifts from foot to foot, growing slightly self-conscious underneath the close examination.

"Having fun staring?"

"You're acting weird." Lisa steps forward, arms crossed, eyes narrowed.

Jennie takes a step back. She's not too keen on having Lisa in her personal space. "No, I'm not."

Despite her rebuttal, Lisa continues to stare at her with that same suspicious glare, as if she expects Jennie to spontaneously grow a new limb. Jennie keeps her face blank until Lisa slinks away, hopefully dropping it.

Jennie returns to the task at hand, sweeping all of the litter into a small pile with her broom.

It's not long before she feels a pair of slim arms encircle her from behind, slivering tight around her waist. Jennie stiffens up like a board, thinking that it might be Lisa trying to play some bizarre prank on her. She intends to grab the hands and rip them off of her, but then she recognizes Rosie's scent. Her annoyance fades almost immediately.