-Chapter 17-

"What do you mean you let him escape?" Dazai being frustrated was an understatement. The anger built up when Kouyou came to tell him that Fyodor got away. Dazai sighed deeply and started mentally cursing at Fyodor. "What should we do now? Dazai looks pissed off..." Atsushi mumbled to the rest of the ADA members. Kouyou gave him a reassuring mile that Dazai was going to be alright. Howvever, deep inside, she knew Dazai was fuming because of Chuuya. She was angry as well as Fyodor did not even hesitate to injure Kyouka and the other ADA memebers. Kouyou knew well that Mori was going to be mad and probably punish Chuuya but she won't let that happen!

Just when Kouyou was about to leave to report to Mori, Yasano came bursting through the door. "H..he....w...woke up!" She was breathless as she ran all the way to the meeting room. Kouyou and Dazai's eyes lit up and quickly followed Yasano to the medical room. "Kyouka is fine...she just got grazed by the bullet, she will be fine..." Yasano continued with Kouyou beside her sighing in relief. "But....sadly, Chuuya only wants to talk to Dazai now....he said he won't talk to anyone else afterwards...." Yasano's thrilled tone turned into a concerned one. Dazai turned his head to the left to evade Kouyou's jealous glare. He could feel it! Sliding the door open with a Loud Bang in the end, Dazai and Kouyou rushed in to see Chuuya sitting calmly on the medical bed while reading a book. Kouyou immediately turn to face Yasano and give her a 'why is he so calm?' look which resulted in Yasano shrugging. Chuuya didn't lose any of his memories so she had no idea why was he so calm. Yasano explained before they all went into the room that Chuuya may be afraid of people touching him because he has past trauma with Fyodor. Dazai and Kouyou looked at each other and gave each other a concerned look. What were they going to do? When Dazai went into the room first, Chuuya glanced around the room and in that split second, he jumped off the bed and hugged Dazai so tightly that both almost fell to the ground. Dazai was a bit shocked at Chuuya's suddden clingy behaviour but hugged him back. Kouyou went forward warily just in case Chuuya was afraid of her. Chuuya looked up but turned to face the other side of the room. Dazai gave Kouyou a sad look which Kouyou returned with a sigh. "I am not surprised. I think Chuuya just need some time. But I am sad...he used to be so close to me." Dazai nodded understandingly and hugged Chuuya again who was now shivering. Dazai found that weird and asked Chuuya why he was shivering. Was he cold or scared? Chuuya just kept silent and went to sit back down on the bed. Dazai was clearly stunned. Where did his talkative and aggressive Chuuya go? "Chuuya....How are you doing? Feeling any better?" Dazai put up his most gentle tone and smile and went to sit next to Chuuya on the bed. Kouyou left solemnly to report to Mori....

🍝🍝🍝

"What do you mean he doesn't talk to anyone else?" Mori screamed. Honestly, Kouyou never saw Mori this mad before. "Mori! Calm down. Chuuya just needs some time to trust everyone again. And...more importantly, we need to catch Fyodor and ask how he made the....gift cancelling serum...." When Mori heard the words 'gift cancelling serum' , he sat up straight and gave Kouyou a serious look. Kouyou explained and they found Ango Sakaguchi, once good friends with Oda Sakunosuke and Osamu Dazai who is working for The Special Division wanted to team up with the ADA to find out about the serum as it is a serious problem. Chuuya was injected with it for about 14 times during his stay with Fyodor but got his powers back right after 3 hours. Which means that the serum just cancels your gift like Dazai's ability, No Longer Human.

🧆🧆🧆

"Nice working with you!" Ango said with a small smile while shaking hands with Fukuzawa at the ADA office meeting room. Fukuzawa gave some introductions of all the ADA members and when he was about to say Dazai's name,....Ango went straight up to Dazai and hugged him before letting go after a while. Dazai hugged back and said in his teasing voice "Long time no see Ango". "Ango replied with a nice to see you too old friend. Everyone was beyond shock. They knew each other. Ango who saw their confused and shocked faces, quickly spat out a lie. "I met Dazai before he joined the ADA and we became friends!" Everyone nodded and continued to discuss other stuff. Dazai grinned and thanked Ango before going with him to the medical room to see Chuuya.