25 MISSED CALLS?!

Author: hi everyone, I have just made a small update to this chapter. don't step back with the lack of happenings here. there is more to this story than you can make of this chapter. look forward to the more dramatic chapters that follow after! it won't disappoint you. hope this chapter isn't as bad as it was before, hehe. anyways, enjoy!

***

"Marinette, come and have breakfast sweetie you're running late for school already" sabin called her daughter to have breakfast. "coming mom, coming but I really am running late to have breakfast gotta go see you later, bye" with that said in one breath Marinette rushed out of the house like a tornado to school. 

"This girl, always running late for school" sabine stated to herself, packing her art supplies for she was heading out for her art class which she teaches from 8:00 to 9:00 am in the morning. only if she knew what a huge problem she was walking towards. and what a massive trauma it will cause to her  close ones 

The school was normal for Marinette except, for the fact that Alya went abroad for her studies because her father's work placement was shifted to the US. "well I have to get myself used to this seat arrangement with no one beside me, shouldn't be so hard." she thought to herself while sitting down in her usual second row with a seat empty beside her which used to be Alya's seat when she was here.

the day was fine as usual except for Chloe picking on her for the assignment they were together in as she wanted Marinette to do the work alone Chloe had her manicure done newly the day before and Marinette refused to do so. and picked on her because Adrien asked her to have lunch with him and Nino, which of course was met with a silent nod from the flushed Marinette.

"Adrien asked me to have lunch with him Tikki!" she whispered excitedly.

"oh boy, you are asked to have lunch with him and Nino, Marinette, who knows what you will do if you are asked out for a date by him?" she said under her breath out of Marinette's ear shot with a huge sigh.

"so mister boyfriend, how are you going to stay alive without your girlfriend around?" Marinette asked Nino teasingly, popping a strawberry in her mouth.

well, you don't worry about that Marinette, that girl has been calling me all night long and my sleep has been having problems coming to me. honestly, you are right. I can't stay alive if she calls-" he was interrupted by the vibration of his phone and it was Alya.

nino put his phone on speaker for Marinette and Adrien to hear that menacing voice booming from the phone's speaker as if it was connected to a thousand stereos.

"hey, Nino! why are you not picking up calls from me?! did you forget to wish me goodnight? don't tell me you did!" Alya's voice rang through the cafeteria and Nino had to lower the volume.

"Darling, calm down it's 10:00 am in the morning here. I am not used to this time arrangement yet and we just came to the cafeteria after class."

"ok, ok. fine. still, you have to wish me goodnight!" she said, " I wished you good morning, didn't I?"

"yeah when it was 12:00 am in the midnight!" he said frustrated, "there are time differences you know!"

"and I can see dark circles under his eyes ms. Alya Cisare~" Marinette added, in a singsong voice.

"hey girl you there too?" she asked and then boomed at Nino again, "Nino! you put it on speaker?! and let me guess, Adrien is there with you too?!" she huffed. "swear to god Nino, I'm gonna kill you!"

"chill Alya. and it should be me who has to kill you. you didn't even call me once after you went! and tortured this poor Nino instead." she said in a dramatic voice. for a second she forgot that Adrien was there and when he greeted Alya, she went red in the face with the realization.

they talked with her till the bell rang and they headed to class.

*** 

things were fine until she finally checked her phone after her class for the lunchtime break and she saw the missed calls from her dad. '

twenty-five missed calls in the last two hours, well isn't that strange?" she thought to herself. "papa doesn't call me during school hours anyway why did he call today out of the blue? did I forget my chemistry homework at home? well if I did then mom would have called me not him." 

thinking to herself she called her dad back to be met with the most terrible nightmare of her life that she could ever imagine. her very dearest mother. had an accident. and was dead on the spot.