A DISCOVERY AND DETERMINATION

marinette was shocked at the news and it didn't take time to put two and two together. she realized that her father only replied to messages and didn't receive calls all this time he had been away. he is the kind of person who will talk to her daughter whenever he can and not receiving a call was far too suspicious but as her brain was preoccupied with sabine's disappearance, it slipped her mind and she didn't notice it. and for the fact, it was clearer now why he didn't receive any calls and stuck to massages because it wasn't him that was answering. wait. didn't the number change as he went to china? the french number wouldn't work in china! but it did ring and he replied in text. that means he never boarded the plane! well, thanks to this hint that it can be narrowed down to Paris. he might still be in Paris or somewhere in France! well that's not enough to know to find him in this big country not even if he was in Paris, as there are far too many people. 

"When did you last talk with him on a phone call?" Adrien asked after a while of thinking it out. he too was led to the same conclusion as Marinette. 

"Well, I talked to him on a phone call last before we left school to see my mother. and later I saw him but didn't talk to him and he didn't either and left shortly afterward without a word.

"he didn't talk to me when he saw me in the morgue? neither did he later!" Marinette mumbled her thoughts under her breath getting a sudden adrenaline rush as she got an idea "he never talked to me face to face since he went to buy strawberries in the morning for tarts Adrien! he never spoke to me after that! that's it. that's what's been off about it all. he always talks to me whenever we see each other even if it was just a 'hi' or 'hello' he was not himself. well, it wasn't him at all! it was someone else. someone who is involved in it. why, when he called to tell me mom's dead, I didn't pick up for a long time. and the fact that he didn't come himself to pick me up from school was weird enough. and not even have a funeral! and leaving the body in the morgue for so long. it was planned out perfectly and in a way that we will find it if we spot the first hint. this is an intentional trail that's been set for us and I can feel that the one who did it is enjoying it."

***

"hmm, so you figured this much out already? it was not that hard till this part but it's interesting to know you did find it out. and that's a piece of news to me that my own son is in it with you too. it will be a thrill seeing you on this or more like hearing you." Gabriel said to himself with ear pods plugged in his ear and listening to their conversation comfortably sitting on the couch. "well I shouldn't restrict Adrien from this charade of visiting you. it's fun to see you too fiddling with this little game I made for you. a good brain work and the final step where you will have to give me your miraculous without any work for me to do."

***

yes, Gabriel set a bug in Marinette's room right under her bed and above her head from where they were sitting now. and he already knew that his son and Marinette were ladybug and cat noir. how? that ill save for later. for now, let's focus on the flowing events

***

Tikki and plagg spotted it while they were having their own time on the corner of the bed frame and plagg's head bumped on the antenna while diving down for more food and told Tikki about it

"shhh"

"what is it tikki"

Tikki pointed at the device and motioned them to be quiet. but Marinette went and checked it out. it was a microphone. and as she wanted to take it off and destroy it, Adrien grabbed her hand and mouthed a 'let it be there to her and she understood his plan.

they motioned their kwamis to go check the whole house and as the result, it seemed that there was one of the microphones everywhere. how? no one made it out yet but they had a plan up their sleeves already. 

adrien and Marinette aka cat noir and ladybug were ready to deal with it and that too with the help of their dear fool of an enemy who had set it all up so nicely. 

"hawk moth, you made it easy for us to lead you in the wrong direction. till then think of yourself as a clever fox. but you are truly a dumb asshole. maybe he watches too many movies lately" they both said in their heads but in such an expression that you can tell what they think by the faces, they made, of determination.

***

author: I will be busy with my exams at school so the next part will come late but it sure will! so look out for the next one in one week of time.(when the exams are done hehe)