"CAN I GET A HUG?"

Marinette's dad couldn't bury her that day cause sabine's family wanted to see her before the funeral so tom went to china to fetch them and was going to stay for approximately three or two days there and come with them and hold the funeral. So till then, the body was to stay at the morgue.

That day, Adrien first saw a different side of Marinette. He sympathized. Not pity. Two days passed, and she didn't come to school. All kinds of worry struck him like an ice needle. "she is alone at home now, is she ok? Or is she going to eat properly? her father isn't here so no one will see. She doesn't have anyone to talk to, now that Alya is abroad she will have no one to take care of her..........." all that and more, Adrien was going berserk! Which was noticed by Plagg and the friends in class too, as he tends to zone out in class and everyone was worried for her so they planned a warm welcome for her when she decided to come to school again.

there were Akuma fights of course and ladybug, aside from all her grief and sadness, did appear and fight the supervillain. but this time it was kinda noticeable that she couldn't focus and couldn't figure out the lucky charms which were shocking for cat noir to believe his eyes. ladybug of all people, the most intelligent person couldn't figure out the clue? and the villains were the regular ones too. Mr. pegion, baby gigantitan, and so on. Cat was worried and concerned. she wouldn't stay for a pound it or a small talk with chat. and chat had to use his brains for the lucky charms.

ladybug had no sign of life in her eyes for the few days or two which was not like her. she is the type to know what to do when problems come up. so chat was going to ask her about it. no matter how much they had to keep their personal information to themselves, he, cat noir will ask her this night. whether there was an Akuma fight or not.

Adrien decided to go and visit Marinette that day so he bought some chocolates and a meal for two that day and wanted to visit her and have lunch together. And so he did. he went up to the Dupain-Cheng bakery and rang the bell, no movement could be detected but after a while, a click of the door was heard and the door was opened by a rather messy-looking Marinette in her pajamas, and a messy bun.

"oh, it's you!? sorry, but the house is a mess. I really didn't know you'll come, did you call me 'cause I didn't know I kept my cell phone silent." Marinette blabbed  not realizing that she was still holding the door " oh, sorry come in I didn't realize." "It's fine, where do I put these?" Adrien asked her showing the food and chocolate." "why did you bring all this? you didn't have to you know." said Marinette putting the chocolate away and the food too. "well I wanted to have lunch here with you so I brought some for two of us." Adrien stated and it made sense even if Marinette tried to deny it, so they both had a silent meal. marinette didn't talk much, was concerning Adrien a bit.

after they had the food Adrien decided to stay a little longer and talk to her. they went to her room and Adrien tried to talk to her a bit but was met with short and curt replies from Marinette's end which was concerning and sad to see, a girl trying to keep herself from not breaking down when you know she is shattered, is a hard sight to just bear seeing and not being of any help for her to open up to him.

author: I am not that good at writing sad conversations so imagine the saddest conversation you can think of in this story😥😓. I am really sorry"

"I know how it might feel like to lose your mom when you are so close to her and she passes away leaving you to yourself to live in a world where you still have so much to learn about it. we are old enough to keep ourselves to ourselves and not show our pain and scars, but sometimes letting it all out is the best remedy to at least hold the grief in you know. i am not asking you to tell me everything but if you feel like you need some one to talk to or a shoulder to lean on, then ill listen to you with no judgements. i went through the same problem and I don't want a dear friend of mine to have to bear the same thing when I can help it. i know we are not that close but I do care about you you know. and I know you would do the same for me if you were in my shoes" Adrien explained and through all this Marinette didn't make a sound or move an inch which made Adrien re-think what he said. did he say' something inappropriate?" he thought "hope not."

Adrien, can I get a hug?" Marinette said in a husky voice that cracked and sounded like she'll burst out in tears any minute.