YET ANOTHER SHOCK

"volpina?" was the first thing ladybug said. and with that, she saw cat as he sprang up on his feet and charged towards an orange zap of color.

"volpina" ladybug thought. "she was there? why?" she thought better and caught up with cat noir. 

"Why do you think she is here?" cat half shouted to her.

"Who knows why." she said, not knowing why either. " up to no good of course"

they were following volpina for a long time now, and it seemed like a never-ending charade. suddenly they came to a halt as volpina stopped on the edge of a rooftop facing them.

"What does it feel like to lose your parents' ladybug? or is the miraculous too precious to give up over your mom and dad?" volpina went on chattering in hopes of enraging ladybug which she succeeded in.

ladybug was standing a few feet away from volpina with cat noir holding her hand. gritting her teeth to such an extent that they could probably break at any point. cat squeezed her hand meaning to calm her down which she understood and relaxed but the anger was too much to hold in. that's when a thought came to her. "was this her motive? enraging ladybug in order to get her akumatized? if that's it them it's not gonna happen." she told herself and relaxed. cat noticed an Akuma leaving and sighed a sigh of relief.

"good riddance isn't it? ladybug?" volpina said. but to her surprise ladybug smiled. that too with such a sweet expression that it was confusing. volpina was contemplating that did he get her mad enough for her to smile or what.

"done saying what you had to? lila?" ladybug started in a tone that you wouldn't understand that it was sarcasm if you didn't know the story. "well I am so happy that you care for me so much to come and ask me about it. aww so sweet of you. I guess you have finally turned a new leaf and stopped gathering sympathy from people. oops, am I wrong? Course I am! aren't I? you were saying the truth! weren't you? but you know, getting akumatized is very lowly of you. it's out of character as we know you are such a good person and you probably have all of your body fractured. hawk moth is so thoughtless for not giving you a wheelchair." she ended with a pouting face and wiped fake tears.

cat noir didn't know if he was to laugh or be serious. this was hysterical. he was proud of Marinette of course but didn't know if he was to sit back and watch them or fight. but he thought better and slipped away as he saw the girls having such a 'heart-to-heart' talk.

ladybug was stopped by cat saying "catch the Akuma ladybug or it's gonna fly away with Lila's cool composure soon!"

lila stood agape as she saw the Akuma being cleansed. when has it happened? she was so concentrated and infuriated by ladybug's talking that she didn't even notice cat seeking up and taking off her necklace before smashing it. what an idiot she has been. and when did Marinette start talking back at her?

***

Author: she has been like that since forever except she has been polite and didn't talk back. think of insulting her and you will get more of this Marinette from me! aaaah I am at ease at last. and I hope you are too my audience.

***

with that fixed they both bided farewell to each other agreeing on 'texting' each other that night as hawkmoth was eavesdropping on them.

***

adrien: it is shocking but what's more shocking is why will hawkmoth bother to get ladybug akumatized? he knows her identity anyway.

marinette: I know but he seems like he wants to play around first. not a good sign tho. and-

she was interrupted by a knock on the roof door to see cat noir waving at her. which was absurd as she was talking to him already. she let her brain takeover and typed,

hey what makes me annoyed the most?

adrien: what do you mean?

Marinette then showed it to cat noir through the glass of her lach and cat wrote on the foggy glass, 

bugaboo

she let him in instantly and checked if she wrote anything more that she wants hawkmoth to know and sighed as she didn't. and wrote a small bye and shut it.

"what are you doing Marinette?" cat asked, " is everything ok?"

she dragged him out in the window and leaped on his arm which made cat take her in his arm and said "let's go to Notre Dame cat. quick."

cat took off with her in his arms as a goofy grin formed on his face but he was confused inside.

***

they agreed on a chat but Adrien thought of going and talking to her while sipping on coffee together on some random rooftop. so he packed up one of his bags with some food and cups from his secret stash of food and transformed to head towards Marinette's.

***

he landed on the Notre-Dame roof with Marinette in her pajamas and blushed. "she looks cute" he thought.

"didn't plan to sit on Notre Dame but it'll work." cat said transforming back into Adrien

"Where is your phone, Adrien?" Marinette said

"Why do you ask?" Adrien asked. "it's right here," he said pulling his phone out.

"text me," Marinette said in a rushed voice

"now? we can talk-"

"no. do it I tell you"

"ok..."

he texted her but Marinette received a text from an unknown number.

"Is this your number," she asked

"oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I changed my number today morning. I don't know why but yeah," he said.

"you didn't text me did you?" Marinette said showing the phone to him

"no I didn't," he said, "why do you ask- what?!" he exclaimed, "when did I ?"