3: Can't See, Can't Feel.

"Hey, Y/N."

I heard Donghyuck call my name for the first time after a while. I turned around to see him standing at the entrance of the church. Classes had already ended and it was time for us to rehearse again for Father Jiyoon's visit. His right hand was shoved into his pocket as his other hand was at the back of his head like he was some type of lover from the '70s...

Well, that's what I've seen in movies at least.

I didn't want to talk to him after what his friends kept on doing to me and how he treated me like a pawn, using me for his own advantages as well as his friends. — That just had to change now. I didn't like him anymore and I didn't want to be his friend again either. Boys will be boys but why did they have to be such a pain in the ass?

"Come on, talk to me.", he says as his footsteps get closer, later leaning his elbow against the back of the pew. I focused my eyes on the compartment of my backpack, trying to find the folder that had all of the songs we had to practice along with its notes. Then, I felt a hand grab my wrist, causing me to give Donghyuck a tense stare, gritting my teeth at the same time, which made him loosen his grip.

"Do not touch me.", I warned coldly, shaking my wrist off of his hand.

I watched the disappointment slowly show on his face. Maybe he found it shocking for me to not like him anymore. Who would like someone like him? What I wanted was a proper response. — Yet it all resulted in humiliation.

"Get lost, Hyuck.", I told him before walking away, heading upstairs as I hugged the folder close to me. Somehow, I still felt the same shame I felt when I confessed to him. For a whole year, I was doing everything he and his friends wanted me to do, later ending up in a cycle of false hope. For an entire school year, I felt insecure as if I was seen naked in front of a crowd.

To let myself be controlled by someone who didn't deserve me... It was stupid.

I placed the folder onto the chair I'd picked in the practice room, later bowing in front of Mr. Hong as I gave him a smile like nothing just happened from downstairs. After a few moments, the other choir members followed as our coach started the rehearsal with an opening prayer first. "Alright, everyone. We'll be having two runs for Lamb of God and two runs for Our Father.", he announced as some of the members silently cheered amongst themselves since the rehearsals would end quickly for today. Well, the seniors are having exams tomorrow and they still have to study, of course.

Wait... Does this mean I can only talk to Sunoo during breaks? How can I talk to him when other people are minding my own business?

As Mr. Hong pressed down the first note on the keyboard, the rest of the vocalists followed while I stared at the folder in front of me. I felt bothered by the fact that Donghyuck still had the audacity to talk to me when things were already done.

Not even an apology... Just plainly grabbing my wrist while probably thinking that what he did was going to work. Not anymore, surely.

"Ms. L/N, have you vocalized already?", our vocal coach asked, causing me to lift my head up from the folder as I felt too nervous to respond. All eyes were at me, especially Donghyuck's, as I crossed my arms, avoiding all of their gazes while I bit my lower lip. "I... I haven't, Sir.", I stuttered, hearing how the others snickered at what I did... Mostly Taehyun and Seungmin's voices, however. "Oh? Then, why aren't you vocalizing with us?", he asked once more.

"I have a sore throat...", I lied again as shivers ran down my spine. I wasn't used to lying this much but I didn't want to embarrass myself. Even if I did try not to do something stupid, they still laughed at me, probably remembering all of the tricks Donghyuck played such as asking me for answers and other things similar to that. "... Oh? Oh, alright... I'll just call you later for the last runs, okay?", Mr. Hong still managed to give me a sincere smile even if he sounded like he was already in the depths of stress. I felt guilty but I just couldn't sing around Donghyuck anymore.