4: Reverend.

Today was the day Father Jiyoon finally arrived from Italy as the nuns had decorated the halls of the school, reefs of white and red roses being placed around the poles as the rose gold skies reflected on the walls and on the ground. Yet something seemed strange to me. The older nuns looked so happy, singing songs to praise the Lord while they made the place even a lot more beautiful while the younger ones seemed so... emotionless as if this event meant nothing to them.

I frowned, gripping the left strap of my backpack tight as I was left confused as to why they acted like this. As I made my way into the classroom, I noticed how my classmates seemed so tired, especially the members of the choir. — Was it because of our endless practices yesterday? Well, I had fun. I made sure not to talk too much after it, though. I didn't want to damage my voice.

Sitting at my desk, I could feel someone staring at me as I searched for the pair of eyes that looked at me like I was something... important.

There, I saw Donghyuck, standing beside the frame of the door as he turned to look away, later chatting with one of the boys. What does he want from me? Does he want me to talk it out with him? I'm done.

Even Sunoo didn't want me to talk to him.

I looked away once more, unzipping my backpack as I pretended to read my Bible in order to let him know that I didn't want to talk to him or give him any of my attention anymore. But then, I heard footsteps coming closer to me as I slowly lifted my head up from the book, seeing Donghyuck already sitting next to me. "Yes?", I asked as if we were having a casual conversation. Well, he seemed quite disappointed with how I reacted.

"That's it? We've been close since last year and you're talking to me like you don't even know me?"

The audacity.

"You treated me like shit, Donghyuck.", I've never thought of swearing at him just like how Taehyun used to do towards me but maybe it was better for me to express my anger rather than keeping it inside. The fire was raging inside of me and Donghyuck just didn't get that... I'm sure of it. However, seeing how the look on his face turned to one filled with nothing but regrets, I knew he was aware of it. Was it because he was shocked at how angry I was at him? Or was it because what he wanted wasn't handed to him for the first time?

"I... Look, I'm sorry for doing that-", I didn't even let him finish as I walked away from him, seeing how confused he looked. It was evil of me to take revenge but was I really supposed to just let him walk around the school like he's done nothing? I wouldn't. Maybe I was taking it too far but who was he for me to follow? Who was he for treating me like garbage? I'm only here to serve my purpose. He's no god and he should suffer the consequences for making me feel the worst about myself.

As I walked away, I later bumped into someone I soon realized that it was Yuna. "Is it Donghyuck again?", she asked as I looked behind me to see how startled the boy was, probably blaming himself for what happened. Then, the guilt resided in my head once again as I realized what I'd done to him. Am I being too harsh? That's not good. "... No, I just forgot something from the cafeteria.", I made up another excuse as I avoided her, making my way out of the classroom only to be confronted by Mr. Xu, our teacher during the first period.

"And what are you doing out here, Ms. L/N?"

He asked sharply despite his voice being usually soft, causing me to take a step back and bow my head to the ground. What was I thinking? Why am I trying to avoid what I've caused? Surely, Donghyuck was the root of all this but that didn't mean I didn't take part in it. As I watched Mr. Xu cross his arms, I chose to stay silent once again. "Anyways, Mr. Hong wanted to excuse you and Taehyun for the next period because, in a few minutes, Father Jiyoon will be here."