Foreword

***Feel free to skip to the first Chapter if you are eager to get to the story. This is part of the experimental stuff that had been central to the original book. ***

I, Arthen of Richter, present this edited collection of journals, accounts and interviews related to the events of the Third Chaos Outbreak (655-670) in the kingdom of Luxurum. This Outbreak took place across most of the north-west of the mainland, affecting several kingdoms simultaneously; a war of incredible scale. The Outbreak was a difficult period for Luxurum and its inhabitants; nowhere was safe and those harmed would either be killed or cursed. Bandit attacks on trade caravans and supply routes never relented, which put great stress on the front lines. Many tried to escape the country, only to find that the Outbreak had occurred in neighbouring kingdoms as well. 

The two first entries are about Flann of Mirth, a young woman of the village of Mirthenhelm, who was cursed and condemned by the Maledicti to suffer in the Sea of Flames, early in the spring of 655, during one the initial push of the forces of Chaos. There, along with many hundreds of victims of the Maledicti, she waited for their day of salvation. She was fortunate to be rescued by Chaosbane Akarin of Shirokriger, while thousands remained in the Sea.

Upon their liberation, she joined the order who had saved her, the grand Legionnaires of Light. She participated in the Outbreak as a priestess of Light and a healer. She played a vital role in preventing the destruction of the village of Stilshor. She also participated in the final battle, the Battle of Hellpit Lair.

The third entry is dedicated to the feats of Chaosbane Akarin, who participated in most major battles and faced an incredible foe, a horrific creature from the deepest parts of the Realm of Chaos. In 669, he conducted the only successful rescue of victims of the Maledicti curse, as of 680.

***I might include other smaller stories from the perspective of other soldiers and legionnaires.

There is a glossary at the end of the story, so if there are any words that are unfamiliar or clearly invented, refer to the glossary. Enjoy, and don't forget to show your support by commenting and voting! ***