Prologue

The rain dripped softly through the window ledge, the dripping sound echoing throughout the house. The gloomy atmosphere outside did not stop a certain two girls from playing, even if it was around ten PM.

A five year old Rainbow ran through the small house, giggling as she ran with a four year old Gold trailing closely behind her.

Rainbow was small, wearing a pink dress and her hair in two pigtail braids laying gracefully on her shoulders while Gold was wearing pyjamas, matching yellow ones to be exact and her long smooth hair down.

On the living room floor was their baby sister, Funneh, who was playing with blocks silently as she observed her sisters running and playing.

"No fair! You're too fast!" Gold pouted "My small little legs cant catch up!" Gold plopped down on the floor where she once was running as Rainbow slowed down to a halt to turn and look at her sister.

"You know what that means, I win again!" she giggled and danced happily but her smile faltered when she saw Gold still sitting on the cold flooring, grumpy and upset.

"Gold, it's just a game! How about we play something else like..." Rainbow paused for a minute thinking as Gold looked up at her older sister hoping the game Rainbow would chose wouldn't be too hard.

"Cards!" Rainbow brightened "Dad started teaching me how to play Go Fish last week! Maybe I can teach you?" she offered her hand for her little sister and Gold took it with a smile on her face. If Rainbow was new to the game maybe she wouldn't be so good!

"Okay!" she agreed, but then a loud bang shook the entire house, waking their younger siblings upstairs as their cries including Funnehs from the couch echoed through the house.

Their dad wasn't home, so their mom, Diane, rushed downstairs and scooped up the two year old into her arms.

She shushed Funneh quiet, mumbling "I thought we had more time" and was obviously panicking. Once Funneh's crying had finished and turned into small whimpers and sniffles, Diane turned to the two girls in front of her with a scared look in her eyes that immediatly transferred to the two young girls as they started to understand the gravity of the situation.

"Rainbow, Gold. I need you to go into the basement and hide. Take Funneh with you while I get Lunar and Draco" she said calmly but very quick as to not waste any more time.

Another bang! This one made the babies upstairs sob even louder while Funneh just clutched her mom tightly while hiding her face in her neck. The amount of noise echoing through the house from the loud bangs to the cries and the rain that had quickly turned to pouring, shifting with the mood had made all of the three girls downstairs overwhelmed, which did not help with the fear.

Diane put Funneh down and told her to hold her eldest sisters hand at all times and Funneh nodded vigorously in fear in response. She watched as her three eldest daughters walked quietly down the steps, descending into the dark, cold basement unsure as to what was about to happen.

All three girls situated themselves down in a corner. They did so very quietly as if they knew something wasn't right. Gold sat in the inner corner of the basement with Funneh on her lap and Rainbow beside her, still holding Funneh's hand and rubbing circles with her thumb on top of Funnehs small baby hand in comfort.

Another loud bang was heard and Funneh's sniffling became louder until she was crying again. The two eldest looked at each other in panic until Rainbow took the initiative and attempted to shushed their baby sister while Gold sat paralyzed with fear.

Footsteps ran down the stairs and the three froze in fear until they saw the figure of their mother holding two babies, Draco and Lunar. Diane put Draco on Rainbows lap and Lunar in between the two eldest. Just her presence made Funneh stop crying "Wait here, I'll take care of this" she told her children. "Do not go upstairs no matter what"