Chapter Two: Everything Happens for a Reason

BANG

"Stay here"

"No! Not my brother!"

BANG
THUD

"You're coming too"

Lunar

Funneh woke up in a cold sweat, panting heavily. It was the same nightmare. She never told anyone about them since she knew it meant something, she just needed to figure it out. Plus she hates doctors.

Funneh layed back down looking over at the time on the clock at her bedside table.

2:53 AM

Funneh sighed as the red numbers flashing were the only things besides the moon outside her window illuminating the room. Each nightmare, something whispered a word after.

Rainbow, Draco and Lunar

The thing was, lately it hadn't changed. It had just been Lunar. Was a Lunar eclipse coming? Was it a sign? Funneh closed her eyes and groaned in frustration.

Funneh has always been a very curious person so this had been keeping her up for nights! All she could do was think.

.

The next day, Funneh went to the library for the first time. Ever. She went to section about dreams and manifestation but every single book was recalled and taped shut. Funneh groaned shoving the seventh book she had checked back into its assigned area in disappointment.

Funneh sat down at her desk pretending to be doing her homework when a thought flashed through her mind. Commoners. Those books and even just the answer itself could be there! She could get an explanation for all this!

So she formed a plan. She needed to get over that border. But there was one tiny bump in the road.

Gold

"You're too fast for me!" Gold panted and layed down on the grass as she tried to catch her breath.
"That means I win!" Funneh smiled and jamp happily before offering her hand to Gold who took it.

A sense of deja vu filled Gold. She'd get it pretty often when she hung out with Funneh. She read a lot about deja vu when she started having it when she was younger and knew that her brain was just glitching so she wasn't concerned about it. But that same part of her that itched her every appoinment told her that it wasn't a coincidence. Everything happens for a reason.

Here she was, with Funneh, a little to close to the border than she or her parents would have liked.

"Ok Funneh, you had your fun let's go and chat back near the castle" Gold said, getting up and starting to walk back before Funneh grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Come on Gold! Have you ever seen this wall not packed with guards?" Funneh smiled but Gold was not amused one bit.
"Funneh. No." She said firmly but Funneh didnt budge.

"Okay game plan. We tear off the a part of our dress and use it as a rope to climb up to the part with the loose bricks that nobody cares to fix and then use that to climb through" Funneh inspected the wall before looking back at Golds elegant 'casual' dress in a way that made Golds blood boil.

Gold groaned loudly "Funneh, there could be dozens of guards on the other side. I mean the main thing about this border is keeping the commoners out of our kingdoms" She explained "Plus those bricks do not look too sturdy"

"Keyword: could be" Funneh smirked and quickly ripped off a chunk of fabric from Golds dress leaving it to be up to her knees "Funneh!" Gold shrieked "Gold, what's life without a little rebelling?"  Funneh smirked