Chapter Six: Trials and Tribulations

Lunar didn't know how it started. First it was more vivid, frequent and longer nightmares, Then it was random spikes of electricity she felt throughout her whole body. Now Lunar honestly thinks shes losing her mind.

Lunar was situated in a small clearing in the woods, next to a river that ran through the whole town. Suddenly, a bird had flew from the tree she was resting on, scaring her.

She gasped as a small ball of purple flew from her hands into the river, extinguishing it as her eyes flashed the same shade, but she didn't know that. Lunar froze as she processed what had just happened as she breathed shakily.

A small thud was heard near her as she quickly looked around to locate what had made that sound. A small hair clip was situated in the grass shimmered a golden colour. It was a normal golden clip with a star at the front. Lunar grabbed the clip, stuffing it in her pocket

Lunar moved from her position in the grass and moved back to the muddy spot and looked under the water to see what had happened but she couldnt see anything. A small clearing of fish floated belly up, realizing they were dead, Lunar left.

That was four days ago and Lunar couldn't stop thinking about it. I mean who wouldn't in her position? Now here she was with teal hair, growing in her roots. If her siblings saw it, they'd freak out. So she did the next best thing and hid it by wearing wearing a hat

The only person who knew was Funneh. It was so hard being around her since she knew. That's her sister! It still feels surreal. She understood everything. Why their father worshipped their guest bedroom, why she felt something was missing all the time and that feeling of familiarity when she saw her.

Lunar didn't know why she was hiding it. They deserved to know but if she told them, they'd have to find out about what happened at the apartment complex and she didn't want that. Lunar knew it was selfish of her to keep something like that a secret for her own personal benefit but she didn't want her siblings to freak or think she was a freak!

So here she was, going through town with her brother, Draco. They would have brought Funneh if it wasn't for what happened last night. Funneh sent them to the library to pick up some books she wanted to finish for her research, half of which she didn't explain.

The trio of siblings didn't ask anything else to respect Funnehs privacy, especially after the night before. Lunar always wondered what happened between Funneh and Gold. Why she wasn't there and why it was so hard for Funneh to say anything about her other than 'She's my older sister' because Gold was still Lunars.

"Okay so we need," Draco listed off the lists of books as Lunar found them and stacked them in her arms. "These are a lot, are we even allowed to take these many?" she asked, only her eyes able to peek from the stack of books.

"Uhh" Draco thought for a moment. "Funneh drew stars beside each book she needed the most." he remembered and pulled out the list again.

"Draco, she put stars on all of them" Lunar sighed, putting down the books on a table. "We'll just sort through them and pick random ones to put back" Draco suggested and Lunar agreed.

"Do you ever wonder what happened to Funneh?" Lunar asked after about a minute of sitting and sorting threw the hoard of books. "Its not our place to ask." Draco shrugged as though it were obvious.

"Yeah but what if shes actually a mass murderer who impersonated and kidnapped the real Funneh and is going to kill us all?" Lunar said as Draco looked at her with an 'Are you serious?' look before turning back to work.

"You never know." she mumbled and Draco sighed loudly. "Lunar, she'll tell us when shes ready." Draco scolded and Lunar nodded in reply. He was right. The last thing Lunar wanted was her sister to hate her. Especially since she didn't know her.

"What about her sister-" Lunar started but Drsco cut her off and put down a random book he was going through. "Lunar, she's our friend!" the word friend made Lunars heart ache. "We can't lose her trust or she'll leave and probably get caught." he shrugged before continuing his work for the nth time.

Lunar knew he was right and that's what hurt the most. She couldnt know what happened to her sisters or else she'll hate her and get in trouble. Lunar contemplated telling Draco what she knew but ended up staying silent and continuing her own work.

"Damn, and I thought I was the older one" she joked to clear the air, making Draco chuckle.

.
.

Gold had prepared herself for the worst. Mentally and Physically. She knew her parents would freak if they knew she left so she did it during the least expected time.

It was around 10 am and Gold was ready. She took a deep breath in the mirror, No backing out now. Golds attire was consisted of jeans and just a random yellow shirt she had fished out of her closet, making sure it was good enough for a bit of exercise and something easy for her to blend in with. Her hair was tied in a ponytail for easier managment.

She looked out her window, looking at the border she was about to climb. There were significantly less guards since this was around the time with the least amount of guards which was perfect for Gold.

Gold silently walked through the halls, her head down as to not attract any unwanted attention. She pushed the glass doors open and stepped outside and admired the wall.

Gold took a deep breath and proceeded with her plan. She was going to do this. Gold took out a grappling hook from the bag she had stolen from the guards break room and shot it over the wall. She tugged it to make sure it was secure.

Then she started climbing. For the first portion, it was going amazingly. Well she had fallen to her death and Gold considered that amazing as she had a crippling fear of heights.

Once she made it to the top, she used her grappling hook to hook it on a nearby tree. Once it was secure, she taped the grappling  hook to the wall tightly before she took a deep breath and grabbed a hanger she had grabbed from her room, sliding down.

Gold screwed her eyes shut as the wind flew past her, brushing against her skin. Once she felt her feet hit the ground, she tugged as hard as she could for the tape to undo and the grappling hook to go back down to her level.

Gold smiled in disbelief before taking off in a sprint through the forest before her. She ran through the familiar path before stumbling across a path that looked like it lead to a home of sorts.

Gold didnt have time to investigate further before she heard crushing of leaves near her, meaning someone was coming. Without wasting a second, the brunette sprinted away before she could see the owner of the footsteps.

After a few minutes, Gold had slowed down and was walking instead of running. There was starting to have a lack of trees in her path so she assumed she was close to the town. After a few seconds, she had made it. The same feeling of comfort and familiarity washed over Gold.

She admired the food stalls and shops for a second before snapping back into reality. She had to find Funneh! Gold quickly started moving passed people and inspected every shop to see if she could find her little sister.

Gold knew she wouldn't be able to find her sister without any help, so she approached a woman who seemed to be waiting for pastries outside a bakery, with her kid on her lap.

"Excuse me!" Gold said, gaining the attention of the woman since she turned to the brunette with a smile "Yes?" she asked with a sweet voice.

"Is there anywhere someone would go to stay?" She asked with a smile, panicking on the inside that the woman wouldn't recognize her.

"You mean like a hotel?" the woman commented and didn't seem to recognize Gold which calmed her down.

"Uhh sure" She shrugged as the woman instructed her to the nearest hotel.
Gold thanked the woman before quickly leaving.

"Draco! This is too heavy, atleast take two!" Lunar complained as the two siblings stumbled out of the library. Dracos eyes widened as he spotted the familiar brunette and stopped in his tracks, causing Lunar to bump into him.

"Draco!-" Lunar cut herself off, gasping at what she was seeing. She couldnt believe it! That was her sister! "This is not good"

Lunars heart dropped at what her brother had said, frowning but she understood his point of view. "We gotta tell Funneh!" Lunar exclaimed as Draco quickly took half of the pile of books Lunar was holding and the two siblings sprinted away.