The Usurper from the Wilds pt.3

"Father! Father! " Younger Azubah burst through a door. "I found you! That means I win, and you lose!"

Inside the room, there sat a piano in the middle of the room. A huge window lets you view the snow falling from the sky. Keeping the room warm was a large fireplace blazing with beautiful orange flames.

"You're right. I got distracted by the snow before I even got to hide." The male had a gentle smile

A male was sitting in front of the piano he had long white hair bright as snow. With Golden eyes rivaling, a melted pot of the richest, finest gold.

"Since we're here, can you play the song?" Azubah asked him

"Again? You must like it." The male scooted over, making room for her on the seat

Azubah smiled brightly and ran over to her father. Sitting next to him, the male started playing the piano while Azubah watched and listened.

"That was a good dream...I wish I couldn've stayed there longer."

{Third Person}
|Ramshackle Dorm: Azubah's Room|

Azubah smiled in her sleep as the memory played.

Her door creaked open as a figure quietly walked over to her bed.

With the moonlight coming through the window, the figure was identified as Grim.

Grim gently jumped onto the end of the bed and crawled over to her.

"Azubah...Azubah." He gently nudged her

Her eyes blinked open. "Huh? Father...?"

Fully opening her eyes, she saw Grim instead.

"Grim, what are you doing here?"

"Tiny, I warmed up some milk. Do you want some?"

"Huh, sure, I'll have some." She got out of her blanket

Grim led the way downstairs to the kitchen. The two peaceful drank milk in the moonlit kitchen, Azubah didn't notice Yuu wasn't there.

+ The Next Morning +

"Another animal dream?" Yuu questioned, sitting up in his bed

"Oh, Yuu, you're up? Breakfast is gettin' cold! Let's go eat already!" Grim raised one of his paws

|Main Street|

I haven't had a dream about Father in a long time...but I'm happy that I got to see him again.

"By the way, Yuu, did you go somewhere last night?" Grim asked. "I got up to warm up some milk. Was gonna see if you wanted some, but you weren't there."

"The milk put me back to sleep easily." Azubah played with her bag strap

"Oh, that's right. It was the weirdest thing..." Yuu started to explain what happened last night

"Huh! A weird dude with horns? Did this dude have a name?" Grim asked

Why didn't Malleus tell Yuu his real name?