Chapter 50: One

Some time had passed since they kicked Thanos' follower off the ship, and the ship had maintained its course to Titan. Spencer was growing more anxious by the minute, watching as the planet grew ever closer to them. She stood there with Tony and Doctor Strange near the front of the ship, watching everything carefully while Peter hung back a bit. The ship was moving and turning about space erratically as Titan's gravitational pull dragged the vessel ever closer to the planet's battered surface.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter asked Tony, his voice dripping with concern.

But it was Doctor Strange who answered him. "I think we're here."

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function," Tony replied. He turned away from the giant window and looked to Peter, his voice more urgent when he spoke next as he showed Peter what to do. "Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?"

Peter shoved his hands into the places Tony demonstrated as Tony went to go man the other station. "Yup. Got it." He sounded nervous, and Spencer couldn't say she blamed him.

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta move at the same time," Tony continued.

"Okay, okay. Ready," Peter answered.

Spencer looked away from them and back out the window. The ringship was heading right towards the center of what appeared to be a colossal game of jacks. The young woman immediately threw her helmet back up, mentally preparing herself for what looked like was going to be a rough landing.

"We might wanna turn," Peter cautioned. "Turn! Turn! Turn!"

Tony armored up himself, just in time for the ship to clip one of the "jacks" obliquely, causing it to lose roughly a third of its hull in the collision. Peter's suit threw his helmet back on him as well, just as Doctor Strange stepped in front of the three of them, creating some magical orange shield around all of them. The ship continued to lose chunks of metal at an alarming rate as they careened towards the ground.

Just a few seconds later, the ringship- or rather what was left to it- plowed into the dirt, sliding for a distance before coming to a stop, leaning slightly to one side. The collision had knocked her and Tony both to the ground. Spencer sat up slowly, just in time to see Strange helping Tony up. Tony's helmet was off again, and both men were panting.

"You alright?" Tony asked Strange between some pants. When Strange merely nodded in response, he continued. "That was close; I owe you one." Tony brough his attention to Spencer, reaching his arm over to her to pull her to her feet too. "What about you? You good?"

Spencer nodded. "I think I'm okay. At least for now."

Tony nodded, just as Peter descended from above in a very classically spider-like fashion, upside and all. "Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I eat one of you, I'm sorry."

Tony pointed at the boy. "I don't wanna hear another single pop culture out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?"

Peter gestured behind him. "I'm trying to say that... something is coming."

Spencer watched as a grenade rolled into view, coming to a stop between them. She didn't have any time to react before it exploded, sending all four of them flying backwards when its energy pulse fired. Spencer landed hard against a nearby wall, feeling her back crack in seemingly unnatural fashions. If she survived this ordeal, she was certainly going to need to see a chiropractor. Her head was still reeling from the collision but the voice she heard next sounded oh so familiar.