Chapter 11: The Frigga

Three or so hours - and lots of snarky comments - later, both Quinjets landed in a somewhat remote part of Iceland near the lagoon-like area of Hóp. Anja had never seen anything like it. The shallow, frozen body of water stretched as far as her eyes could see in one direction, and on the other side was their new ship. In some sense, she was used to seeing sprawling bodies of water; her foster family took her and Layla on many camping trips to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Lake Superior was more like an ocean than a lake, and Anja recalled spending countless hours on its shores forgetting her problems. What she wouldn't give to be there now.

The young woman shook her head and turned to stare up in awe at the spaceship sitting right in front of her. Yet another thing she had never seen before. She had seen many planes and crafts since hanging out with Tony and the Avengers, but nothing like this.

"Say hello to your new home, my friends," Thor boomed, shaking her from her thoughts as he gestured towards the gleaming spacecraft. "Her name is The Frigga, after our mother. She may look bulky, but she is quite fast."

"Uh, big guy, is this the ship that carried your people here to Earth? Because I'm going to be really sad if that's all that survived," Tony murmured quietly, standing next to the god.

"No. Loki was able to acquire this ship while I set up the rest of the population in Norway. We met up again later," Thor explained, smiling softly. "The ship that brought us here is much, much larger."

"Huh," Tony spoke, looking impressed. "Kind of surprised Loki didn't take that chance to dip, but cool."

"That makes two of us, but don't tell him that," Thor quietly agreed, grinning. Louder, he beckoned the rest of the group to make their way to the large vessel. "Come friends, I will give you a tour before we load the rest of our cargo. Plus, there are two others I'd like you to meet."

"Wait, there are more of us?" Layla piped up, jogging to catch up to the God of Thunder.

"Of course," he responded, giving the blonde a soft smile before gesturing at what appeared to be two aliens standing near the ship's entrance. Anja blinked a few times, unsure she was seeing things correctly.

"Hey man," a large, blue rock looking creature piped up, waving at Thor. "Welcome back."

"Korg, thank you, my friend," Thor exclaimed, gripping the large alien's hand before looking at the rest of his friends. "Korg, this is Layla Williams, Anja Konstantinova, Spencer Grey, and Tony Stark."

Thor gestured to each of the members he named off and Korg waved to each person with joy. "Hello! My name is Korg. I'm made of rocks, as you can see, but don't let that intimidate you! You don't need to be afraid, unless you're made of scissors. Just a little Rock, Paper, Scissors joke for you. This is my very good friend Miek." Here he gestured at a much smaller purple alien standing beside him. "He is an insect and has knives for hands."

"Hiya, Korg! Hi, Miek!" Layla exclaimed, grinning at the alien as Loki grumbled to himself in the background.

"By the Norns, if he greets every single person like that the first time he meets them, I will stab myself."

Anja shot him an amused look and an eye roll. Always with the theatrics. Not that she minded.

"I met Korg and Miek on Sakaar, my friends, and they helped defend my people against Hela. They will be good shield brothers!" Thor grinned, crossing his arms. "The same goes for our new shieldmates. I have fought with them in many battles, and they will be most helpful on this journey."

"Sounds good, man," Korg grinned, turning to lead the way towards the ship. "That Heimdall guy stopped by a couple times with some really serious fellows and left a bunch of cargo for us to take on our trip. Nice guy, Heimdall, but he's a bit creepy, too."