Company

“Sawyer?” I whispered as I walked through the house

He wasn't in his room so I went downstairs to go check.

“Stop,” I heard Ariana and I raised a brow.

“I’m sorry I can't do this,” Ariana said

“That's okay we don't have to I'm sorry if it feels like I was pushing to have sex or something,” Sawyer said

I peeped into the kitchen and I saw Sawyer lifting Ariana off the counter. He placed her down and she looked away from his eyes.

“I should go to bed,” she said and he ran his fingers through his hair.

“Now I feel like a bad guy. You came on to me,”

“I know and I'm sorry,” she said and he sighed.

He cupped her cheek and looked down at her.

“You came down here because you were having nightmares and you said it would be impossible to go back to sleep now so-,” 

Okay, that's enough tom peeping.

I should probably go back to bed before I see something I'm not ready to ever witness.

I turned around and I jumped when I saw Dimitri. He grabbed my waist before I could step into the doorway of the kitchen.

“Asshole,” I whispered.

“What are you up to?” he whispered back

“Hello,” we heard Sawyer's voice

“Shit!” I said before we ran to the living room.

Dimitri tripped over something and I fell on top of him since he was holding my hand. I sat up with my hands on his chest and he grabbed my waist before placing his finger on my lips.

We heard their footsteps and I looked up a bit. They turned on the lights but since we were behind the couch they couldn't see us because of the direction they were facing.

“Saige?” Sawyer called out.

“Dimitri?” Ariana said before sighing.

“Didn't you hear something,” Sawyer asked.

I looked down at Dimitri and he had his eyes closed.

“Yeah but I guess a raccoon must have gotten in again. No matter how hard daddy tries he can't find a solution to keep the raccoon away and out of this house,” Ariana said.

“Raccoon?”

Sawyer fears animals and insects except for Zara since we had her since she was a cub.

“Yeah but don't worry I'll protect you,” Ariana laughed

“I don't need protection from a raccoon sweetheart,” he said and the lights went off.