Chapter one: a Discovery

Toothless grumbled and got up to whack Hiccup with his tail. His idiot of a human had tried his 'wings' during a dragon race, at had gone wrong, obviously, like every other time. Distantly he could hear the cheering of Vikings and dragons as Astrid slammed the black sheep into her net, taking the game. Hiccup sat up a few steps away brushing the leaves and twigs off himself, "woohoo am I right but?" Hiccup asked standing up and shaking some forest brush off his head, Toothless was getting ready to smack Hiccup down again when a distant roar echoed through the trees...

(Hiccup pov) Hiccup shook his head to get the grass and leaves and dirt out of his hair. He was just about to get back onto his dragon when he saw Toothless freeze, ears vibrating, and pupil's dilating and retracting over and over again. "...Toothless.." Hiccup said cautiously, slowly taking a step toward his night fury. "What is it bud?" Hiccup asked, gently holding his hand palm out, toward Toothless.

The dragon's pupil's retracted one last time before going back to their regular size, though his ears were still vibrating. Suddenly he dropped his head and pushed Hiccup into his saddle, his prosthetic leg clicked into the mechanism "oh no" was all he had time to say, or even think, before he was cut off by Toothless launching into the air at top speed flying fast, bee lining right to the cove where they had first met. He dropped down just out of sight of the glittering water. "I think you just hit a new record there Bud.." Hiccup said very faintly, Toothless gargled something in response and quietly made his way through the ferns to the edge of the cliff. Hiccup looked down and gasped as he saw what was beside the water. 

There in the open stood a sleek black dragon, and though the light was hiding most of the dragon, he could still make out the base shape of the dragon, and it's bright crystal blue eyes. It was a little smaller than Toothless and has a single ridge down it's back and small fins on the back of it's legs instead of spines like Toothless. But it's face was contorted in a snarl, it's head tilted to the sky. That's when Hiccup saw what the dragon was standing on, flattened and scorched ground with spiraling waves. The mark of a Typhoomerang...