~23~

Walking into the unoccupied room, everyone looked around to observe it. To their left, a barely lifted platform stood with the usual instruments for bands. To their right was a stand with giant speakers on either side and a table with sofas and chair down in the corner, and then straight from the door was a window to another smaller room for recording.

"So this is where you record with the band playing?" asked Midorima, studying the room they were in. 

"Yeah!" grinned Kyoku, walking towards the table to sit down. The others followed to gather there as well. "So Kuroko, how do you want to do this?"

At the question, the others turned to him, and he placed the song papers down on the table. "First, I would like to go through our duets, so I get to know how you all do in singing," explained Kuroko, spreading the papers over the table. "After we all get to know our styles, we will have to plan our song and start practising."

"Sounds good," said Akashi, nodding to the plan. He turned to the ground, giving a nod to Midorima. "Midorima was the one to go next."

"Hai," said Kuroko, taking a specific paper and handing it to the green-haired man. "Please read and get to know the lyrics. I can also put on the soundtrack if that would help."

"Fine," said Midorima, accepting the paper to read through it. Looking at the text, he noticed how some lines were marked with a highlighter and others underlined. "I take it my lines are the highlighted ones."

"That is correct," answered Kuroko with a nod as he pulled out a laptop from his bag.

"You want me to contact the band?" asked Kyoku as he watched Kuroko walk over to the stand with the speakers. "We could have them play the sounds as you sing."

"There's no need," informed Kuroko, plugging the laptop in. "I wouldn't want to burden them as we already have made the soundtracks for these songs."

"Alright, if you say so," shrugged Kyoku, leaning back into his seat.

"I can't wait!" squealed Kise, jumping in his place in excitement as he waited for Kuroko to get ready. "We're gonna wing with Kurokocchi! We're gonna sing with the Basuke!" he squealed, then took a final leap into the air. "We're gonna sing as the Vorpal Swords!"

"Kise-chin is loud," muttered Murasakibara from where he sat, still munching on the snacks he still somehow had.

"How can I help it?!" asked Kise, grinning brightly. "This is something I never thought ever would happen! This is like something that could only happen in my dreams?"

"What dreams exactly do you have?" muttered Midorima, barely looking up from his lyrics. 

Kise beamed, about to go into a rant, but Akashi raised his hand to stop him. "That is enough, Kise," he said, then gestured towards Kuroko, who stood inside the recording room to set everything up. "Kuroko is soon finished."

"Hai!" beamed Kise, but continued to radiate excitement as he vibrated in his place.

"Kyoku-san," came a call, and everyone turned to see Kuroko standing by the door of the recording room, holding a headset to one ear. "Could you please set on the music so we could test if everything is set?"

"Of course, of course," said the manager, immediately getting up and headed to the stand.

The man gave a thumbs up to Kuroko, who nodded back before going into the room and closing the door after him. With a press to the laptop, the room was filled with the music.

While the music went, Midorima looked down at the lyrics, surprisingly taking the whole ordeal seriously. Kuroko soon appeared out of the room with a nod to them all.