Chapter seven: Vanished

Eddie's perspective:

I was furious. Filled with anger. I walked out of the school and didn't even look back. Couldn't stop but thought what she did when I left her there with no explanation. Even though I wanted her to see how this shit affects her life, I couldn't risk her getting expelled. She had a better feature than me, she was the one who needed to graduate. I just wanted her to understand that there were consequences to her actions and if that made me the villian, I was ready to be one. I wasn't mad about the drugs. I never thought she could quit at her first try anyway. I knew it didn't work like that but she made it look so real. I wondered since which day she started lying. Was the first two days even real? Her literally screaming in pain in my arms? Was that real? Or she just gave up after the third day? For how long was she planning on lying to my face? Going behind my back? Who was she buying the drugs from? I had so many questions and to be honest I didn't even want to know the answers. I felt like myself but only 10 years younger again. Running away from my mum every time she disappointed me and I hated it. Opening the childhood gate never ends up well. That's when I realized I've never talked about that with Molly. And I guess I never will.

I was walking non-stop for almost half an hour. It took me so long to realize that I've left my bag at school. With my keys and wallet. But I wasn't planning on going home anyway. I took out my flask from the inside pocket of my jacket and took a sip. The bottle was lighter than usual. I shook it and noticed that It was almost empty. Changed my direction immediately and started walking downtown. God knows for how long I just kept on walking. Finally I saw the "Bentley's" sign across the corner and barged in. The only place in our little town that sells alcohol to minors. I spotted Dean on the bar. He was like a father to me. I called him uncle.

-Eddie, long time no see.

I didn't want to upset him but I really wasn't in the mood for chit-chatting. I leaned on the bar and shook his hand

-Hey, Dean.

-You look like you've been run over by a bus, son.

-Yeah, Can you give me a bottle of 33ccl?

-Busch?

-Smirnoff.

He frowned down his eyebrows. But beer wasn't going to be enough for tonight.

-No judgement.

He said and grabbed a bottle and a shot glass under the bar. I was actually planning on taking the bottle out and going to the woods but I had no energy left in me to walk another mile. I nodded my head as a thank you and took them to the table at the very far back of the place. I sat down and lit up a cigarette. I knocked one shot over between every puff I took from it. The next thing I knew I was more than halfway through the bottle. And all the way through my pack. I got up and instantly got dizzy. The problem with alcohol was that you would never realize or admit that you are drunk unless you get up or get sick. And that exact thing happened to me. The second I got up I sat back down because I couldn't find my balance. After putting my head between my arms and trying to focus. All those people in there were really loud. Why were they shouting? I closed my eyes and started seeing the darkness spinning around so I got up and I walked through the door to get some fresh air. It felt like I was never gonna reach that door even though I was walking pretty fast. I held the doorknob but the bell hanging from the ceiling rang before I opened the door. The next thing I saw was Joe, with his rich sloppy friends lined up behind him. He still had his stitches on his eyebrow.

-Move.

I murmured and took a step. I wasn't gonna deal with his shit one more time. I needed air.

-You move, freak!