THE "CHARITY" Case

THE COMMON TONGUE!
'Who cares what Felix would do?!'

~•~
CURTIS Stormer
~•~

SO QUICK how yet the school year had just begun like it'd ended yesterday.

'Guess what Curt!' Jasper "whispered". His hand was tightly wrapped over my shoulder, a hand grip. The kind of one that made you think he was trying to stop you from running even when you weren't.

I turned to him offering him a half-excited smile, I'd gotten a new color of braces yesterday, and I still felt a little sore in the mouth. That dentist wasn't the finest..he did his job. Not a remarkable one but what did he have to lose?
His wife left along with their two sons. Choco and Nut.. dog sons. Another reason he was miserable.

Jasper made it quite obvious he was trying to whisper; by the way his teeth ground together, cheeks pulled up forcing his untended eyelashes to stub his almost watering eyes. He exhaled excitedly and his cheese breath washed over my face swinging on my nostril hairs. Even though he couldn't whisper, he tried to.

My eyes moved to the bag of cheese crackers he was stuffing his face with. I rolled how didn't the orangish hue around his mouth give it away?
'What?' I finally let out throwing my bag over my shoulder and letting the sorry excuse of a friend Jasper had turned to follow me.

He bit his lip excitedly. 'Felix and Marianne BROKE up!' He highlighted the broke part. Almost immediately, my eyes strayed to her locker.
Jasper knew I had a crush on Marianne..for.. ever? And..there she was standing in her lilac sweater dress with her long slender legs.

I couldn't. She was way out of my league.

'And?' I shrugged walking into my first class of the day and year..apart from my from dweeb to jock tutorials.

'Dude.. now is your chance.' Jasper moved in front of me backwardly walking to our seats. He knocked over Sara's books. She flipped him off but he was too busy explaining to me why I had to.. approach Marianne. 'I mean.. what are the odds you'll get the chance again. we are nearly done with high school and_'

'Hey, Curtis!' Marianne walked by to her seat.

'Hey!' I waved back awkwardly yanking up my hood and sinking into my seat.
Jasper pulled me up.

'See!' He motioned between her and I. 'Chemistry!'

Yep.. just like our Chemistry teacher..Ms. Hopkins had just wandered in.
'Alright students _' This was the part where I zoned out and began scribbling.

MARIANNE. MARRY.ANNE

..all over my page.

'Hey!' Jasper waved at me in the cafeteria immediately I walked away from the food tables.
I moved to him. He grabbed my soda immediately.
'Try milk..' He took a sip. 'Refreshing!' He grinned letting some slip out his mouth onto his shirt.

A few guys noticed and began pointing at us snickering.

Jasper didn't care. I did.

He had this infatuation to be Felix Walter. My eyes flickered to him. He sat at a table friends around him, cracking up. Flexing genuine muscles. I say genuine because I can flex too but it's just not as good as Felix's.

Flawless teeth no need for a dentist.. though he had appointments. With better dentists who did their jobs right and had a lot to lose. I envied him.
His wild green eyes, everyone..by this I mean girls and. Jasper said made them feel free.. untouched, and just about ready to do the unthinkable. His connections.. financial status and social status. I envied him to the point that I couldn't do anything but binge-watch his videos on Instagram.

Jasper looked up to him. And what sucks is that his father looked up to Felix's father. Still does but let's not get into details.

'I have to go get ready for AP Calculus..you know how Mr. Gregory is when we aren't there by_' I stood up holding up my tray. Jasper grabbed my sandwich cutting me off when he spilled my soda while at it.
Some of it spewed over my trousers.

'There's a wipe!' He pointed across the table at the one he'd used to wipe the milk off his face.
I scowled.

'See you later Jasper!' I veered around, returned the tray, and moved to the bathroom. I cussed on my way there.
U

nlike my typical tendency not to cuss. I did lately.
I froze in my tracks when I saw.. the new boy, some Japanese boy.
He looked at me questioningly, I shrugged and stepped into the bathroom.

This wasn't the best first day but since when did I have any of those? My only friend was Jasper, I had a few people I talked to but we were more of acquaintances.
I left the toilet and walked to the sink. Letting the water run over my hands I relished the cold feeling.

'Did you piss yourself?' I heard a voice snickering. I turned and my eyes met with him, the new Japanese boy.

'It's Soda!' I turned off the water and made my way to grab some tissue. I began to dry myself silently.
He watched silently and closely.

'You must be Curtis!' He raised his brow slightly.

I raised both mine confused and questioningly. 'And?'

He shook his head amused. 'I am Christophe!' His hand protruded for me to shake.
I did it. 'Nice to finally meet you!' Christophe chuckled and walked out.

I remained puzzled for a few seconds before I chose to ignore it and go to class. By it, I meant both his odd character and my damp trousers.

AP Calculus came and went as quickly as subjects went for me. I was still feeling a little confused about Christophe. He kept looking at me, he and his friends. I tried to ignore it but it just wasn't possible with all those eyes on me.
I kept my eyes on the teacher even for the other subjects of the day. And finally, the day came to an end after I had experienced what it felt like when the lesson just wasn't ending quickly enough for me.

I dashed out of my last lesson. I had to get home immediately. As I rushed down the halls ignoring Jasper's calls, I bumped into someone.
The small yet not-so-small resulting bump sent her off to the locker on her left. I didn't apologize, she'd be fine. I didn't notice who exactly she was but I knew she was wearing that familiar leather jacket.

That one I caught at the side of my eye in my classes, the cafeteria, and the hallway.