THE "CHARITY" Case

THE DEATH PENALTY!
"Karma is a Bitch!"

~•~
CURTIS Stormer
~•~

FEAR IS NOT a good feeling! It convinces you to do the impossible. Just like how I was riding my motorbike above the speed limit in this rainy weather.

'Hunny Curt's home!' I heard my dad yell immediately I got into the house dripping wet.
'Buddy, are you okay?' He walked up to me after noticing how wet I was.

I gulped and nodded dashing past him to the stairs. I ran past my confused mother straight into my room.
I walked to the window and peeked put through the slits of my curtains. The black Dodge Charger sped off immediately after.

I could breathe now that it was gone. I heard a knock on my door before it opened, and my mom peeked in.
'Are you okay sweetie?' Her brows creased as she looked at me.

I nodded, giving her a verbal answer. 'Yes..now could I just be alone and could you stop calling me sweetie?'

She smiled half-heartedly. 'You do know what you did was reckless..you could've just waited for the rain_'

'I know mum..and I am sorry. I just_' I sighed walking to my desk and pulling out a book. '_Nothing!'

'You know you don't have to_'

'Yeah yeah..now shoo! I have to take a bath!' I smiled pushing her out of my room and closing the door. I had to get my place.

I remembered bringing my ex-girlfriend, Felicity home. It was awkward when my mom told me to leave the door open.
We weren't going to do anything, I think? Besides, she broke up with me the next week after avoiding me that week.

I sighed and took off my damp shirt, it'd begun to dry off my heat. I got into the bathroom and thought of how little I'd accomplished in high school.

..and probably thought about Jasper's suggestion about Marianne.

'So how was school?' My dad asked over dinner. It was my favorite, Chicken casserole, and green peas.

'Fine. I guess?' I stuffed my mouth ignoring their faces at my "I guess?"

'Why the. I guess?' My mom mimicked me.

I laughed. 'It was boring as usual!'

They both chuckled before it got silent again.

'And..Benson?' Mom's fork hit the side of her plate causing a ting! 'Have you spoken since the camp you attended?'

Benson Fieldsman was a childhood friend..my first. He introduced me to Jasper!
He was currently a jock and jerk, at times. He was that rich popular friend I had.

Now he was. Felix Walter's "best friend"

We spoke at times but it was short and muffled up. Or secretly but openly, he was a nightmare. My nightmare!

'Yeah, mum..' I raised my brows forcing and smiling. She smiled back, I wanted her to feel happy. 'He is great, he wanted me to join the football team too but I told him I'd think it through!'

He did not!

I was just making it seem more realistic.

She laughed. 'Honey that's great..he is right! You should try out for it this year. It is your last in high school and ooh would look good on your papers!'

I nodded still stuffing my face.

My dad laughed. 'Look at him! He's not even listening. He is too busy gaining calories!'

I slapped his hand playfully.

'Let him eat.. he'll go on a diet if he wants to!'

..as if I would ever!

I lay in bed that night thinking and failing to sleep.
I got up and snuck downstairs, I usually went to a nearby coffee shop. Coffee oddly did not affect me. I think.

I grabbed the car keys off the kitchen table. I'd be back before they realized.

I took a ten-minute drive to the Coffee shop. I packed at the roadside and went in quickly.

'Curt!' Jessie yelled from the counter. She was an acquaintance. I reminded myself that every time I saw her.

'Hey!' I walked over to the counter.

'What can I get you?' She beamed faking a gasp after. 'Is it the usual..mocha latte with almond milk?'

I laughed nodding enthusiastically. She was fun when we were out of the public eye. The school environment.

'Having trouble sleeping again?' She attempted a conversation when a customer cleared their throat from behind me.
'Oh, I am so sorry!'

'I'll just wait at the table!' I pointed to my usual spot.

She smiled and then moved on to the customer.

I strolled to the table looking at the art pieces and novels on the shelves. I'd seen them already the previous times I was here but I genuinely loved them.

'Here is your drink, Curtis!' A voice beckoned me to my table. I looked and saw, Simon.
Another kid from school, he and I weren't exactly friends or acquaintances. Neither were we enemies.

He was like a part-timer!

Showed up when he wanted and left whenever he wanted.

'Thanks!' I breathed as he walked passed me. I sighed at my failed friendly gesture.
I took my seat and kept watching the art pieces.

..I loved street art more.

I pushed the door open and walked to the car.

'Help me!' I heard a girl screaming, someone was dragging her to the alleyway.

'Hey!' I ran immediately after I saw them. 'Cut it out!'
Yep I know..not the best rescue sentence.

The place was dark and silent. It was empty and only I was standing there. The sound of a gun being cocked got my attention, I turned and saw a large man across the street from my car.
He began his strides towards me, long and confident. His gun reflected the moonlight.

I gulped and ran further into the alleyway, making it through. I saw another guy a few strides away watching me.
He pulled his gun out. I ran to the right and into the subway, I didn't get a chance to get on the train though. A man grabbed me from behind and took me into a dark corridor.

He placed a finger over his mouth before showing me his gun.

'Where is it?' He looked at me coldly.

I raised my hands in surrender. 'I am afraid I don't know what you are talking about!'

He laughed forcefully. 'Of course, you are, and you'll be very afraid if you don't hand it over!'
He nudged me with the gun, cocking it.

I gulped vigorously shaking my head. 'I swear I don't know!'

'Search him!' He growled and I noticed the men from the alleyway had arrived.
One of them aggressively touched me looking for whatever it was they wanted.

He stopped when he patted my pocket and pulled out a small tube with a red fluid.
The angry man snatched it from the man before looking at me darkly.

'Bring him!' He walked out.

I was hassled to the alleyway before being dropped to my feet.

'I don't know how that got_' I stammered.

'That makes two of us!' The man chuckled darkly. I saw him reach into his pocket before he picked out an accessory for the gun.

I realized what it was_

_A silencer.

'Please. Don't do this. I don't_' I was interrupted by a pain in my stomach then another in my chest.

Everything moved slowly after that. The men just walked off as I choked on an iron flavor.
My eyes slowly dropped as the last sound I heard was a speedometer car.