THE "CHARITY" Case

AGE IS A NUMBER
'How to stay on track?'

~•~

CURTIS Stormer

~•~

GYM CLASS.. wasn't how I liked to end the day. Unlike my whole day, Charity was in this class with me. And noticing her tight gym shorts almost swallowed by her big shirt was.. a
Distraction!!

Perhaps they were right_

'Curtis Stormer!' Mr. Louis blew his whistle again forcing me to snap out of my staring.
He walked to me. 'You are so distracted this time!' He flung a piece of his hair from his face.

'Maybe you should swap teams with Scott to avoid being distracted!' His eyes fell on Charity. Like the rest of the class, she was watching us.

I shook my head murmuring quick apologies. 'I am just trying_ I am sorry!'

He shook his head and walked to the other team. Jasper jogged over to me.
'Hey, man..are you fine?'

I nodded my head glancing at Charity who was now bouncing her ball, she was going to make a shot. I hadn't noticed how good she was until I started noticing her.
I thought back to what Benson's friends told me. Why would she do that to Benson? He is hot! That I can admit. I grew up in his shadow.

'Okay, class!' Mr. Louis spoke earning our attention. All the bouncing stopped. 'We are going to sprint out in the field before we come back for our stretches.'

Groans filled the room as some students began to run. I noticed how most of the boys were watching Charity. Looks like I wasn't the only one distracted.

Were they like me? Could they smell her? I sniffed. Nope.

Just normal boys. Like I used to be.

'Charity!' Mr. Louis called her. 'You can skip out on the run!' The boys shamelessly groaned leaving both Charity and Mr. Louis stunned.

I hung back a little longer before running out to catch up with the rest.
'So what's with the new interest in Charity?' Jasper jogged close to me. I rolled.

'It's not my interest! I just want her to tutor me!' I made a normal explanation for Jasper.

'Is that what you and Benson were talking about the other night?' He looked at me expecting an answer. I nodded.

He hummed in thought.

'What are you thinking about now?' I groaned.

'Just why. Curtis the brainiac would want to be tutored by his academic arch nemesis!' He sighed and sprinted off.

What? Academical arch nemesis?

I sprinted the rest of the journey back to the gym.

'Okay welcome back!' Mr. Louis chuckled. I rolled my eyes and managed to catch sight of Charity. She still had her ball.

I couldn't help but notice how flushed her neck was. She caught me staring and walked further.
I groaned. She must think I am weirder now.

***
'Shit!' I cussed out loud as I looked at the grades on the computer screen.
I'd never gotten anything but As and guess who was not so far behind me...

Yeah.

Charity Sylvan!!!!

She was beating me at Gymnastics and Woodshop. Just like I was making up for it by whacking her in Calculus, she was good but I was better..and literature. She was terrible at expressing affection on stage.

I thought about what she was doing right now as I was looking up our grades. I walked and fell back first on my bed.
Charity just came into my life and turns out she was a part of it indirectly.

I never cared to know who came second, it was obvious I was best. The night wasn't as cold as I'd expected it to be. Maybe vampires didn't feel cold after all. Did they cuddle despite this?

Why am I thinking about that anyways?

'Curtis?' My mum's voice vibrated through the door. I went and opened the door. Beside her was Ben, he looked serious. I stepped aside for him to get in. 'This better not take long..you have homewo_'

'Thanks, Mom!' I chimed in closing the door abruptly. I turned to Ben who was seated on my bed comfortably cross-legged.

'Wh_' I started but he interrupted.

'I heard the boys told you about my relationship with Charity!' He sat up resting his elbows on his thighs with his hands wrapped over his biceps.
I nodded and walked to the closet, I opened it and Ben's reflection was right next to mine. It was sudden but not creepy.

'We have reflections!' I turned to him. Our noses brushed but I didn't step back. 'Dude!'

Ben was gone in a second and then he was in bed again.
'You didn't flinch!' He laughed.

'I can't die twice!' I folded my sleeves. He laughed hard this time.

'Yes, you can. How do you think Ali and his sister Rayat died?' He explained and I gasped. 'Curtis the family is bigger than you thought!'

'So..you don't want me taking lessons from Charity because she stood you up?' I walked to him.

He laughed. 'That is shallow!' He stood up and walked to my window. 'That is what I told the boys.. well she did but I found out why she did, that's the reason I don't want you anywhere near her!'

'And that reason is?' I looked at him expectantly.

'She killed Ali and Rayat!' He looked at the sky lost in thought.

'You're kidding!' I sought his eyes, he shook his head.

'That night was a red moon one. I  thought she lost control but..she had more experience than me to control the urge. Besides, we wouldn't attack each other but she attacked them. Red moons are the worst, Curt. The next is on Saturday..move out for your family's sake!'

'But why didn't you tell them!' I looked at Ben. He laughed.

'Because I knew they'd try to kill her. And they'd fail miserably. I believe Charity is strong. Ali and Rayat were a century old and she destroyed them. Imagine what she'd have done to teenagers!'

I looked at Ben in disbelief. 'How old is Charity?'

He shook his head. 'I don't know but she couldn't be older than them..she learned from them!'

'Curt_' My mom opened the door but kept quiet. 'Where is Ben?'

I looked around noticing he was gone. 'He left?' It sounded like a question.

'Just do your homework!' She rubbed her temple and left. I sighed looking out the window at the moon.

Three days!