THE ''CHARITY'' Case

THE START OF THE BOND!
'A forever connection!'

~•~
CURTIS Stormer
~•~

IF TENSION..was a person. This right here..would be her or him. Whichever suits the losing end.

'Uh..hey.I was meaning to talk to you_' I laughed rubbing the back of my neck.

'Then..do it.' Charity spoke softly gripping the side of her bag. I couldn't help but notice that her scent was less pungent than usual.
Perhaps it was a cologne, a nice one at that. 'So..speak.'

I gulped. The bell rang and students scurried out of their classes. I took a second to look and when I looked back, she was gone.

I groaned. 'Way to go Curtis!' I walked to my locker. Jasper showed up moments after.. looking sleepy.

'Hey.. where'd you go?' He rubbed his eyes. I sighed returning my books in the locker. 'Ms. Brianne gave me homework!'

I groaned leaving her book in my bag. I had to talk to Charity.
'Let's go!' Jasper slowly followed me to the cafeteria.

I saw Charity enter the library without a tray. I tapped Jasper on his shoulder. 'You go on. I'll find you!'
Luckily he nodded and went on excitedly.

I got into the vast room with tables, shelves, and the library staff. I'd been here a lot but never seen Charity. She didn't exist to me days ago, maybe her jacket did. But now I noticed a lot of students had it.
She was like a germ that came out of nowhere ever since I was 'turned'
This all felt stupid to me, I felt normal. Just not hungry, not tired, not bothered. But Charity was like an itch I yearned to scratch even if I didn't have to.

I walked around carefully, silently following her scent. I saw her at a table to my left.
She noticed my approaching steps, she was reading.

'Hey!' I whispered taking a seat across her.

'What do you want?' She sighed looking up at me. I noticed the multiple books she had on the table. Similar to mine.

'I want to apologize for earlier. It's not_' I was interrupted mid-sentence.

'You don't have to offer me any explanation..just tell me what you planned to tell me?' It sounded more like a question than a sentence.
I gulped inhaling her scent.

'I wanted to cancel our arrangement_' I began when her brows creased.
'_The three lessons?'

Realization embraced her facials.
'I understand_'

'But I don't want to. Charity? Do you know how calm I feel around you..it's like a wave from nowhere!' I explained.

'I have nothing to hold against you_' She began but I interrupted again.

'You've given lessons to Benson right?' I bluntly asked.

She nodded.

'He says you're bad news..why?' I asked truly curious.

She abruptly stood up, I did the same watching her quickly pick up her books.
'I am afraid those aren't questions for me. I don't know why your friend says that. So ask him..maybe he'll care to explain!'