Chapter 2

Yeonjun was one of the most beautiful humans Beomgyu had ever set sights on.

Ever since their first meeting, Beomgyu knew he liked the man perhaps a little more than just a friend but never realised that Yeonjun could like him back too. However, gradually things changed. From Yeonjun constantly teasing Beomgyu and jumping at any opportunity to fluster him to them spending many days together alone, Beomgyu knew maybe there was a possibility for something between them. However, It still seemed like a dream to him, when Yeonjun had come up to his place, stating that he was bored and wanted to watch horror movies with someone. Beomgyu had cooked dinner for them both and they were seated on the couch, watching a random horror movie they had chosen. However, Beomgyu couldn’t concentrate on the movie, his attention focused on the man next to him, the man he was snuggling against. Yeonjun had wrapped his arm around him, and they were too comfortable to be just friends.

“Beomgyu?” Yeonjun suddenly called out, his voice soft and hesitant.

“Yes, Hyung?”

“Lately I couldn’t stop thinking about something…” The man trailed off, his pretty forehead wrinkling up in a frown.

“About what?” Beomgyu asked, confused.

“Ah…” Yeonjun started, hesitating for a while as he broke away from Beomgyu, making the man miss his warmth already. “I don’t know how to tell you this.”

Beomgyu was extremely curious. Yeonjun was always so full of confidence and would never be afraid to say what was on his mind, but the man clearly looked like he was struggling with himself.

“What couldn’t you stop thinking about?” Beomgyu asked, placing a hand on his knee gently.

Yeonjun had then smiled at him, so brightly, before saying the words that made his heart stop, “About you.”

Beomgyu had stared at him in silence, trying to understand what the other man had actually said, his mind on an overdrive.

What?

“I…” Yeonjun started, the smile fading away quickly, “I am sorry.”

“Why was he sorry?”

Beomgyu cleared his throat, trying to get the words out, “No…don’t be sorry.” He looked into Yeonjun’s eyes, trying to see if the man was actually being genuine. “I really like you. Always did.”

Yeonjun held his gaze for a long time before his smile came back as a full wide grin, “You serious?”

Beomgyu nodded, smiling shyly before it was replaced by a look of worry. “But…how is this going to work out, what if it doesn’t? What if we end up spoiling everything? What if we end up not even being friends… is a relationship worth all tha-”

Before Beomgyu could continue his rambling, he found a pair of lips on his, silencing him. Beomgyu’s eyes widened before fluttering close, embracing, and melting into the kiss and slowly moving his lips along the other man’s.

Yeonjun pulled away, a hand coming up to caress Beomgyu’s cheek softly, “Let’s give this a try, Gyu, and worry about the future later.”

Why didn’t it work out then?

Hyung…. I miss you.

-

Beomgyu didn’t remember how he got back home or where he was even. He opened his eyes slowly, and sat up on the bed, cringing as his head throbbed, making a note to himself that he was never going to drink again. A wave of nausea passed over him and he tried to shake it off, trying to recollect what happened the previous night. He vaguely remembered Yeonjun dancing happily with Heeseung and Taehyun was with him.