Chapter 10 ⚠

When Beomgyu woke up the next morning, he checked his phone immediately to see if there were any updates regarding his project only to find a message from Taehyun.

Taehyun: All the best for today, remember whatever the results are, you still did a good job.

Beomgyu smiled at it broadly before replying back.

Beomgyu: Thank you 😊

Beomgyu got ready as he had made plans to meet Soobin for lunch. He quickly washed up and wore whatever his hands could grab first and made his way out the flat.

As he waited for the lift, he heard a door open and Taehyun’s voice.

"Seriously Hobak, where do you even find these rats?" 

The way Taehyun spoke to his cats were always so endearing, and gentle and it made Beomgyu smile as he watched the younger man step out with a plastic bag in his hands.

"Did Hobak go hunting again?" Beomgyu called out and Taehyun turned to look at him, beaming at him.

"Yes... I need to go dispose of the body now." He sighed before continuing, "Where are you headed off?"

"I am going to meet Soobin." Beomgyu answered as Taehyun nodded.

"Okay, have fun then..." He hesitated for a bit, "Tell him I said hi."

Beomgyu laughed, "Sure." The elevator door opened and Beomgyu stepped in, waving goodbye to Taehyun and wondering why was his heart feeling so warm.

-

It seemed like years since he last saw his best friend, having been busy with his deadlines and his emotions regarding the whole breakup so he was glad they were finally getting to meet again. As Beomgyu reached the café Soobin had suggested, he saw the man already there, waiting and he waved over at him happily.

“Gyu!” Soobin greeted him warmly before pulling him into a tight hug.

Beomgyu found his mind wandering back to last night when Taehyun had called him that and wondered once again why the feeling was different when it was Taehyun.

“Hey Hyung….” Beomgyu smiled up at him as they pulled away from the hug. It really been a while, as he found himself missing Soobin’s warmth already.

As they took their seats after placing their orders, Beomgyu waited for Soobin to start the topic, knowing very well what the man would ask him about first.

“So how are things with Taehyun?”

And Beomgyu was right.

“I am enjoying my time with him.” Beomgyu said and he knew it was not a lie.

“You know…I will be honest with you.” Soobin started as Beomgyu looked at him nervously. “I thought Taehyun was just a rebound…and you guys wouldn’t last. I thought you were just dating him because Yeonjun had moved on quickly.” He took a deep breath as he stared at Beomgyu intensely, “So, I am glad you two are still together and that he makes you happy.”

Beomgyu was rendered speechless as he struggled to come up with words to say. The feeling of guilt that was always there whenever he spoke to Soobin was tightening across his heart and he knew the man would be so disappointed to hear that they were just faking the whole thing.

Recently, things had been…different. Beomgyu had been thinking about Taehyun more than necessary. Have been looking forward to seeing him even though it was just for two seconds, when Taehyun would leave for work and Beomgyu would rush to his door, opening and waving at the other man.