Chapter 8

The weekend was approaching closer and closer and Taehyun was starting to regret inviting Beomgyu over. He probably would have done better dealing with his mother alone, but now there was this added burden of the emotional turmoil he was dealing with Beomgyu. What made this worse was that Beomgyu was so oblivious and didn’t even suspect a thing. According to the older man, all this was an act. That was it and that was all it was going to be.

How was he going to survive a whole weekend with Beomgyu alone? He thought whatever feelings he had for the older man would have gone by now, but they were only getting intensified as days passed by and Taehyun knew he should stop ignoring it. Being in denial was not going to do him any good but at the same time, Taehyun didn’t know what he was expected to do. He had promised something, and he didn’t want to break it.

After the day Beomgyu broke down in his arms, he hadn’t seen the man yet. This was a common occurrence between them now. Something would happen that would make whatever this relationship was…seem different but then it would go back to how it was the next day, with them just avoiding each other.

On the day they were supposed to go to his mother’s place, Taehyun had work and he planned on calling Beomgyu to the site so they could just leave straight from there. He sighed as he got up, making his way towards Beomgyu’s place, knowing very well he couldn’t keep avoiding him forever even if Beomgyu was trying to.

Taehyun knocked on the door feebly, waiting for the older man to open up. He heard the sound of footsteps and the door was soon opened by Beomgyu, who was clad in a pullover and shorts, a weird combination of clothes but still looking fine.

“Oh, hi Taehyun.” Beomgyu greeted him, looking away awkwardly.

“Hey...I was just wondering if you were still in for the weekend outing.” Taehyun asked, lowkey hoping that Beomgyu would say no.

“Of course, I promised you, didn’t I?” Beomgyu chuckled.

“Well, I got work that day and I was wondering if you would mind coming over to my site and we could just leave together?” Taehyun suggested.

Beomgyu contemplated for a few seconds, before nodding, “Sure, why not?”

Taehyun smiled at him, before taking a step back, “See you then.”

As Taehyun was about to step foot into his apartment, Beomgyu stopped him by calling his name out.

“Taehyun!”

“Yeah?” Taehyun turned to look back at the man.

“Uhm, thank you for that night, for comforting me.” Beomgyu muttered, averting his eyes shyly.

“Beomgyu…” Taehyun sighed, “Will you ever stop thanking me?”

“No Taehyun...this time, I was being dramatic and emotional, but you were still so reassuring, and it really meant a lot.” Beomgyu said gratefully.

Taehyun gave him a smile before replying, “It really was no problem, and also you weren’t being dramatic. Your emotions are completely valid.”

He then entered his flat, closing the door behind and wondered just when his unnecessary emotions would fade away.

-

Friday soon arrived, and Beomgyu was starting to feel nervous as he finished packing his bag for the weekend. He barely got any sleep the previous night, covers draped across his body and the heat too much to take. Waking up to the sun shining through his window, Beomgyu slipped into his usual routine of a long shower after brushing his teeth, opting to lounge around in sweatpants while he had some time to waste.