Chapter 11

As the day of the ski trip drew nearer, Beomgyu tried to act as normal as he could with Taehyun. After his plan got approved, he became busier than usual, and had to go into work every day and attend several meetings. He would always be stressed out of his mind every time he went home. However, there would be times when Taehyun would be home, and Beomgyu found himself going over, telling himself it was only to play with the cats. Kang Dae had gotten so fond of Beomgyu and would be automatically waiting near the door for the man to arrive. Taehyun had told him that it was one of the biggest miracles to ever happen.

“I must be special then.” Beomgyu laughed.

Taehyun paused for a second before replying, “You are…” He trailed away as Beomgyu’s cheeks reddened, chuckling shyly.

Taehyun was always so welcoming and would listen to the older man rant away about work or how his colleagues were jealous that Beomgyu was chosen over him, and Beomgyu would go back to his flat, feeling less stressed than usual. He knew that slowly but surely, Taehyun had become an important part of his life.

A fake relationship had slowly evolved into one filled with trailing touches and lingering stares, nights filled with them just talking and giggling over trivial stuff. Beomgyu would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy this.

Soobin had hired a minibus, to take all eight of them to the resort and Beomgyu for the first time, was not dreading having to see Yeonjun. He had not seen him in a long while, having been occupied with Taehyun, and he trusted his heart to not hurt once he sees Yeonjun again.

The day before the ski trip, Taehyun was over at his flat, and had made steak for him. It was a common occurrence for them both now. Taehyun cooking, while Beomgyu would eat it deliciously and be grateful.

The younger man was now in his room, giving him advice and telling him what to pack and what to not pack.

“I don’t think you need this sleeveless shirt, Beomgyu…” Taehyun trailed off, as he picked up the shirt and threw it on Beomgyu’s bed.

“Hey hey hey, I feel really hot easily okay.” Beomgyu argued, grabbing the shirt up.

“Yeah…but you definitely don’t need this in a place with snow.” Taehyun insisted, chuckling as he could hear Beomgyu grumbling away under his breath before shoving the shirt back into the closet.

Once Taehyun had approved of Beomgyu’s clothes and everything was packed, they proceeded over to the coach, Beomgyu slumping against Taehyun’s shoulder tiredly.

“I can’t wait for this getaway.” Beomgyu sighed before straightening up and turning to face Taehyun. “I hope it will be as relaxing as the time we went over to your mother’s place.”

Taehyun smiled at the older man, his heart thudding extra fast against his chest, wondering if the older man could hear it, “I really hope so too.”

When the day arrived, Beomgyu and Taehyun waited downstairs with their bags, for the bus to come and pick them up. The bus arrived just on time, and the door opened to reveal an excited Soobin, bopping up and down on his seat.

“Thank you, guys, for suggesting this!” Soobin whistled in joy.

Beomgyu just shook his head, climbing up after Taehyun. He sat next to Taehyun, without even thinking about it. They were going to pick up the others next, so the bus was empty for now.

“Are you going to make a move on my best friend, Soobin?” Taehyun asked, a slight smirk on his face.

“What do you mean?” Soobin asked innocently, “I have no intentions with your best friend other than friendly ones.”