Chapter 5

Beomgyu couldn't sleep. He tossed around in his bed, kicking his covers off and then picking them up and bundling himself up in them as tightly as he could. He couldn't get his mind off the kiss. When he gave Taehyun the permission to go beyond the limits, he didn't really expect it to be a kiss, but it did work, with Yeonjun not asking them why they were fighting. However, Yeonjun didn't seem happy about it, or maybe he was just over exaggerating everything. Why would Yeonjun seem upset when he is already with someone else and had admitted that he had fallen out of love?

Right now, there were too many thoughts in his mind and they were all overlapping each other and not making any sense. He tried to calm his mind down so that he could finally get some sleep. He was already so behind on his project and this wasn't helping him at all. When Beomgyu first agreed on the fake relationship deal with Taehyun, he didn't expect it to be this complicated. He thought it would be just him showing up with Taehyun everywhere and pretending he was happy. He didn't expect himself to be torn over the emotions that came with it and feel conflicted.

If he learnt anything from the night, it was that he didn't know anything about Taehyun, and something needed to be done about that. The man was helping him so much despite not knowing him well, which he still didn't know why. Beomgyu in return, had been cold to him, had been ignoring him the night, and yet Taehyun was still ready to help him. The younger man deserved better, much better, and Beomgyu knew that.

Maybe it was time Beomgyu put in some effort as well, and not just bake him a cake.

The next morning Beomgyu woke up to the morning light trickling in through the blinds. His eyes were still shut as he soaked in the warmth of his soft covers before opening his eyes to the brightness. It was a new day, which meant a new start to Beomgyu being a better person to Taehyun than he ever was. Last night, before he finally drifted away to sleep, an idea came into his mind and he called up the place before going and getting washed up.

Beomgyu was feeling slightly nervous, hoping that the plan would be a success and Taehyun would like it. Thank god the place he called up was not fully booked. Beomgyu didn't even know if Taehyun would be free today, but he decided to give it a shot. He got dressed and made his way to the other man's flat, ringing the doorbell, trying to ignore the way his stomach was churning.

The door opened, revealing Taehyun in a tank top, exposing his arms that were really thick. Beomgyu tried to look away from the arms, clearing his throat as Taehyun raised his eyebrow in surprise, waiting for him to go on.

"Do you..." Beomgyu started, stumbling upon his words, "Do you want to go out now?"

Taehyun's eyes widened in shock, trying to comprehend what Beomgyu actually asked before he replied, "Did you hit your head somewhere?"

Beomgyu sighed, "I realise I have not been trying at all while you were being so patient with me, I kept asking you to be on your best behaviour when I was the one pushing you away, so...do you want to go out with me?"

"Awww...are you asking me on a date?" Taehyun asked, a smirk playing on his lips and Beomgyu wanted to just walk away, but he knew he shouldn't be backing out and be putting in more effort and be thankful.

"No, it is not a date." Beomgyu mumbled watching as Taehyun rolled his eyes, "But we could be friends or whatever."

Taehyun tilted his head to side, studying Beomgyu intently before asking, "Is Yeonjun coming?"

Beomgyu shook his head, "No, I thought it would be good if we both spent some time together alone, get to know each other." He said, chewing on his lips nervously, feeling his palms sweat.

The younger man's eyes were still on him, and a smile slowly crept up on his face. "Ok fine, come in and take a seat, I will go get ready." He said as he stepped back.