1-5

Chapter 1: Return Home

Feng Yun Country, Jin Yang Town, Cushan County, Tianjia Village.

The village was silent and the villagers had fallen into a deep sleep, the occasional barking of wild dogs in addition to the sound of frogs croaking by the river added a bit of vividness to this summer evening.

On the only mountaintop in Tianjia Village, there were two dainty and lovely maidens standing on either side with a heavy look on their faces.

In the depths of the mountain, where even the bravest hunters of Tianjia Village didn't dare to enter, there were more than a dozen corpses lying across the ground.

The dense smell of blood filled the nostrils, causing one to want to vomit.

The sounds of "crunch, crunch" was particularly loud and abrupt in the silent night sky.

The man who was handling the corpses looked up at a woman standing in the center, dressed in coarse linen, and swallowed his saliva, unable to resist, his tone was filled with helplessness: "Miss, can you please eat somewhere else?"

Standing in the middle of corpses and eating, was she not afraid of throwing up!

The girl called "Miss" raised her head, she was no more than twelve years old but had a graceful posture, and a face that was a sight to behold.

The skin on her small, palm-sized face was a little sickly pale.

A pair of clear eyes under the willowy eyebrows, seemingly misting up from time to time, making people feel pity for her.

Slightly pursing her lips, the dimple in her cheeks added a bit of playfulness.

"Chi Cheng, you quickly remove these corpses, I am afraid to look at them, it affects my appetite." That soft and weak voice was trembling, seemingly extremely frightened.

Chi Cheng's mouth twitched: "Miss, these people were killed by you ...... Moreover, there are no outsiders here."

So, who are you showing this weak look to?

"Ah ......" the woman seemed to have thought of something, slightly lowering her eyebrows, her small face full of seriousness, "I'm not, I'm not, don't talk nonsense."

Chi Cheng looked at the girl who was talking serious nonsense and rolled his eyes, quickly disposing of the corpses around him.

The girl didn't mind and continued to eat the snack in her hand.

When the sky turned light, the voice of a maid came from outside.

"Miss, there's news from the hillside, the Prime Minister's family is here!"

Ay ......" the girl sighed quietly as if she felt tired of standing, she simply sat down on a rock and said slowly, "They finally remembered that there's still a third miss of the Prime Minister's residence, Su Mo Li? "

Cheng Tao and Chi Cheng looked at each other, both seeing the worry in each other's eyes.

"But calculating the time, it's time to return." Su Mo Li chuckled twice, the corners of her lips slightly curved upwards, and her eyes shone a luminous color, making it impossible to see what she was thinking.

"Miss, it's time for us to go." Huang Fan also walked in, "There are still fifteen minutes left before they enter the village."

After putting the last piece of the snack into her mouth, Su Mo Li patted the crumbs off her hands and faintly ordered, "After Chi Cheng cleans this place up, take the brothers with you and go ahead, Cheng Tao and Huang Fan follow me."