11-15

Chapter 11: The Defending Madam Marquis

"Bang!"

Madame Marquis suddenly put the cup down heavily, and the splash wet the table.

A maid quickly took a handkerchief to wipe some.

The crowd, however, did not dare to speak again, and all were silent.

Only after the maids had cleaned up did Lady Marquis faintly say, "Is this Prime Minister's Eldest Miss really that bad?"

The crowd saw that Lady Marquis still had a smile on her face, and now put their minds at ease.

"It's just that I've heard that Prime Minister's eldest daughter is weak and is breathless when she takes a step, I don't know if that's true or not."

This lady was Madame Liu was the wife of the Secretary of the Minister of Accounts. Looking at Li Qianshi, she smiled and asked, "I wonder if Madam Su can help us out?"

Li Qianshi smiled, "Li'er's health is indeed not good, and she has already consulted many doctors when she came back." Saying that, Li Qianshi then nodded her head slightly at Marquis Madam, "Thank you Marquis Madam for inviting Imperial Doctor Chen to treat Li'er."

Even invited Imperial Doctor Chen?

Doesn't that mean the body is weak?

If she's weak, then she can't be the mother of the house!

If you say that you don't know qin, chess, calligraphy, and painting, you may not be the mistress of a big family, but you can still be the head of a small family.

If the news of the weak body is spread out again, even those small families will have to consider the situation.

The smile on Marquis Madame's face was about to be unsustainable, and her hand tightly squeezed the palm.

"My Nan Nan, Li'er's body is not that weak, Imperial Doctor Chen also said, nursing for half a month will be fine." Old Mrs. Su couldn't resist and hit Li Qianshi's face.

A deep shade of red crossed Li Qianshi's eyes, then she smiled and said, "Yes, Imperial Doctor Chen said that if you nourish it well, it should be fine in half a month."

The crowd of people looked different, these two words represent different meanings. (i.e. grandma is saying that she'll be fine in 1/2 month with proper nourishment but Li Qianshi is saying maybe/maybe not, who knows)

Old Madam Su coldly looked at Li Qianshi.

Li Qianshi, on the other hand, showed a confused appearance, as if she didn't know where she had said it wrong.

Madame Hou took a deep breath, tried to suppress her anger, and looked at Su Jia Xuan: "Is the relationship between Third Miss and Eldest Miss good?"

"I like my big sister." Su Jia Xuan raised her head and revealed a soft smile, "My big sister is good-looking and gentle."

Su Jia Xuan's words made Marquis Madam feel much more comfortable, "Oh? It seems that this Miss Su has an excellent temperament."

"What does Second Miss think?"

Su Xin Zhen naturally didn't want the crowd to know how good Su Mo Li was, and when she heard Madam Marquis' question, she said unconcernedly, "Sister is weak, I don't have much interaction with her, every time I see her, she is always crying, and I don't know why."

Old Madame Su's hand clenched fiercely and stared up at Su Xin Zhen, her eyes radiating anger.

Su Xin Zhen, however, treated it as if she didn't see it, and continued, "Sister seems to be afraid to talk to her father, who is obviously very kind ......"