21 | Stir up my feelings would you?!

"Pleaseee tell me who it is, Andy? You've been seeing her so much lately, I need to know!" I begged my brother who was sitting opposite me at my dining table.

"Eat your breakfast, Nora.." He replied, shaking his head disapprovingly whilst fiddling with his food.

Ping, my phone went off but I ignored it.

"Ok, I get the whole 'I'm wasting your time unless it's serious' shit but let's just forget about it— I want to know!" I whined.

"Who texted you?" He nodded towards my phone trying to divert the conversation.

I sighed in defeat and flipped my phone front side up to see that I had a text message from my boss,

_____________________
From
Boss

I need this project done
a few days earlier so you
need to go back to the
training grounds today.

_____________________

I sighed down at my phone, not keen on doing anything today.

"Work?" My brother asked and I slowly nodded. "I can't believe you work at Chelsea."

"I don't technically work for them. I work for Trivago who is partnered with Chelsea." I corrected.

"You still go to Cobham either way— It's such a cool job, I don't know why you're so unmotivated to go." Yeah because I've had to see Mason Mount every day of this week, I thought but I obviously couldn't say out loud.

"The job is really cool, don't get me wrong— I just don't feel like going today," I shrugged, "I've been to that place every day of this week. I was hoping today was my day off..." a day off of Mason Mount maybe. I thought setting the line with him would finally get rid of the emotional turmoil, but it's only made it worse. Every time I think I'm getting over it I think about how much he protested my feelings. God, what does it even mean?...

"Well..." my brother said dragging on the 'well', "maybe I could tag along... y'know, make things interesting.." he hinted conspicuously.

I rolled my eyes, "right, because you definitely want to entertain me and not use me as a chance to see the team train," I raised an eyebrow as my brother flashed me an innocent grin.

"Of course! Why would I want to see a group of professional football players train? I got you!" He cleared his throat.

I stared at him for a moment, silently judging him. I suppose it wouldn't be an awful idea for him to come.. I could use him as a distraction from Mason— or even a distraction for Mason.

Even after everything that had happened between us, he still bothered to annoy the hell out of me this week. It was a little awkward in the beginning, but something must've sparked in him to want to get his revenge— or was trying to mask his humiliation with his cocky persona. Either way, it was annoying.

"Fine, but we're leaving now. I have to be there early." I got up from my table, my brother following close behind and left my apartment.

"So what ever happened to that Mason lad?" my brother asked filling the silence in the car.

I bit my lip, hesitant to answer, "nothing. I told him I didn't feel the same way and that was it.." I kept my eyes firm on the road, refusing to make eye contact with him.