Chapter 1 - The Battle of Gurendam

"T-This is not what I expected—"

Upon opening his eyes, Satyo found himself in a location completely different from the one where he was before: he stood on a road made of lucid stone, looking around he could see the small white houses that made up the little medieval village where he was.

"Whooooa, is this like in those Isekai Anime where the protagonist gets sent to another world? Then I can guess that this is a medieval fantasy world with magic and dragons... SOOO COOL! ...Except for the fact that I don't see any dragons- actually, I don't see anyone here, why is this place so empty?"

As he wandered around, admiring the beautiful green hills that surrounded the village, he questioned himself as to why there wasn't anyone on the streets and the place was so silent.

 He didn't have to wait for long to get an answer: the loud rumble of a horn could be heard in the distance, and Satyo knew what was going to happen.

(Shit. This is the sound of a war horn, I have to get to a safe place IMMEDIATELY).

Meanwhile at the village gate:

"Soldiers, in formation!"

The soldiers protecting the village were ready to fight, waiting for the enemy behind the village gates; there were 50 soldiers split into a four-line formation, led by a knight fully clad in bright armor: he wore thick blue armor, a helmet of the same color, held a long sword and had a three-pointed star carved into the upper left part of his chest plate.

10 shieldsmen stood on the front line, holding their massive 2-meter-tall shields in front of them and linking them together to form an immovable wall of defense.

 Behind them were 10 pikemen, wielding long pikes which they thrust through the gaps between the shields. Slightly farther back stood 20 swordsmen, armed with a powerful yet light longsword and ready to slaughter any enemy that made it past the wall of shields.

 Even further back were 10 mages dressed in blue robes, their only weapons being their hands and knowledge of spells.

[EXTRA: The soldiers' formation]
| | | | | <-—10 Shieldsmen, Heavy Armor
| | | | | <-———10 Pikemen, Light Armor
        |<—Captain (Among The Swordsmen)
| | | | | | | | | | <—20 Swordsmen, Light Armor
| | | | | <-----------—10 Mages Far Behind
[END OF EXTRA]

"Captain Harrock, how many enemy soldiers are we facing?" A soldier asked the Captain.

"Let me see; Perception."

- After pronouncing that word, a sudden wave of energy rippled through his mind. -

 "We are against five-hundred enemy troops, but do not worry! With Captain Bright Harrock, one of the Three Great Captains of Gurendam on your side, you will know no defeat!" He shouted enthusiastically.

"Five-hundred?! They've never been so many! Shit, are we going to make it?" The soldier said in shock and despair, feelings that were also reciprocated by the other nearby warriors.

"Don't worry. Do you trust me, soldiers?"

"Yessir!"