Chapter 8 - Impending Threat

"What do you mean now?! Why, how and- who?

Munir stopped at that last word, giving it particular emphasis.

"We have... no idea, sir. I'm sorry." Yallio replied, unable to give a satisfactory explanation.

"The assassins. The strangely big attack. It was obvious that they would do it, but- already?" His initial anger faded, leaving room for acceptance of the inevitable.

"We have around an hour before they get here, I suggest we immediately begin setting up the defenses." The messenger took the initiative.

"Right. We'll fight them in the open, we can't risk damaging Gurendam even further."

- Munir replied, thinking about what strategy to adopt -

"Get everyone: Atsura, Sae, Metzek- no, not Metzek, just send someone and tell him to heal Harrock as fast as possible. I'll call Freya, you tell Yuna and Satyo to also come here."

"Immediately!" 

Yallio lost no time, and went to deliver the message as quickly as he could.

Five minutes later:

"What's so urgent? Another meeting already?" Atsura spoke, clearly annoyed by Munir's rush.

(They also wanted me... why's that though?) Satyo thought as he scanned the serious faces that surrounded him.

Yuna stood next to her mother, clearly in distress from all the urgency, while Freya leaned against a wall, her arms crossed, watching the scene unfold.

"We have no time, so don't even think of arguing."

- Munir began the explanation with this premise. -

"Nebas is marching toward us, they'll be here in an hour. We don't know who it is exactly, we just know that it's a lot of them."

"Just send Inuzuki to kill them all. I'm sure The Blue Death will be up to the task." Atsura said, glancing at Sae.

"Atsura."

- The latter calmly said. -

"If this were the case, there wouldn't be such an urgency. Munir, they're not just sending a Death Commander, am I right?" He questioned.

"I don't know the names, but I'm sure there's at least a Judge."

(Judge?)

Satyo thought about asking more about it, but given the little time at their disposal, decided not to interrupt.

"You should still be more than capable of dealing with a council member, Inuzuki." Atsura said.

(A council? I know it's not the time for things like this, but... that's so cool.) Satyo repressed his childish excitement, understanding its stupidity.

"But we don't know whether it will be one." - Freya joined the conversation. - "What if they just send the whole Empire? What will we do then?"