Chapter 5 - An Expected Encounter

(FUCK! OH SHIT! Damn... what a... nightmare.) Satyo woke up suddenly, cold sweat dripping down his face and pure fear invading his mind.

He gulped while wildly shaking, still startled from what had just happened, as he struggled to keep calm and regain his senses.

Luckily it was just a nightmare.

Although he perfectly knew this, his mind was still partially immersed in the dream, leaving him with a lingering fear which began to slowly dissipate after a while.

He recollected his thoughts, put a hand on his chest to calm his rapid heartbeat, and then took a deep breath.

(Ok, I'm better now... fucking hell. Everything is real? Nothing is fake? Well yeah, thank you so very much, I already know that. You don't have to scare me to death to make me understand this, you know.) he thought, sighing and joking to relieve the pressure.

The light was still on, which contributed to his recovery; he sat on the edge of his bed, rubbed his eyes, and yawned, before stretching his arms and slowly standing up.

(Let's see what time it is... I won't be able to check it too often though, the battery will only last so long.)

He turned his phone on and rapidly checked the time, then turned it off again to preserve as much battery life as possible.

'20:31'.

He realized that Sae's visit could come at any moment now, but before he could even get ready for it...

Three loud knocks came from his door.

(Here he is I guess... what a timing.)

Satyo walked toward the door, then opened it and found himself in front of his expected visitor.

"Hi, Satyo." Sae gently said, his face marked with a soft smile as usual.

"Hi... or should I say 'Hello, Master'?"

"Don't worry about the formalities: you can treat me like a friend, or however you'd like."

(Great start, I already like him.)

"Well, come in then. We kinda do have a lot to talk about." Satyo said as he gestured for him to come in and sit near the table.

Once they were both comfortable, they finally began talking about the important matters.

"I'd imagine that Yuna has already told you about who I am, based on her reaction." Sae said.

"Yup, exactly... I'd still like to know something from 'The Blue Death' himself though."

"Nobody calls me that anymore... that name's just a memory of the past." Sae's tone almost turned grim, but he hid it with a melancholic smile.

"Okay, okay, I don't wanna pry too much into your business." - Satyo redirected the conversation. - "Yuna told me that you're the strongest Captain, is it true?"

"Although I don't love to call myself 'stronger' than Freya and Harrock, I'd say that if we consider only raw power, then it's true."