Chapter 4 - An Unexpected Encounter

It was a lean and respectably tall man with long, smooth blue hair and calming eyes of the same color; he wore a black kimono beneath a dark blue haori, his feet covered in black socks and resting in a pair of brown zōri, and had a seven-point star seemingly burrowed in the upper left of his thorax.

A sheathed nodachi was attached to his right hip, its hilt a beautiful tonality of sapphire, and guard resembling a water drop.

"Sorry for interrupting you like this, my name is Sae." He spoke in a kind and calm voice.

"Oh, you mean... EH?!" Yuna yelled in disbelief.

(Right, Yuna said that one of the other captains was named Sae... but why such a reaction?) Satyo quietly thought while looking at the unfolding scene.

"Uhm, I didn't mean to scare you..." Sae said, unsure of what exact words to use.

"No, no. It's just... you're the third Captain, right? I had only ever heard about you... why did you come here?"

"It's related to the assassin problem, but it's really about you, Satyo." He cast a glance at Satyo.

(Why am I already so famous?) he thought, sighing in his mind.

"Well, I'm ready to hear it... I hope it's not worse news..."

"You have the potential to become a powerful fighter." - Sae suddenly said, bewildering both Satyo and Yuna. - "I would like you to become my apprentice and train in the art of water under my guidance."

A moment of silence passed, intense emotions popping and growing inside them, although their external reactions were noticeably different.

(W-What? For real? This is... weird...) Satyo was extremely confused at hearing those words.

Yuna blinked, her face showing a neutral expression for a second; that was merely the result of her processing this information, however, as her emotions erupted a moment later.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHH????!!!!!"

- She yelled in extreme disbelief, her eyes alternating between Satyo and Sae, and her mind engulfed in shock. -

"THE THIRD CAPTAIN JUST CAME HERE AND ASKED YOU TO BE HIS APPRENTICE???"

"Yup, apparently that's what happened." Satyo kept a fake calm expression, hiding his excitement.

"You know he n-e-v-e-r comes here 'cause he's always busy, and now he just randomly starts training you??? I'd be a little more surprised, you know." Yuna said, almost frustrated at his poker face.

"I can definitely tell you'd be..." - He replied, giggling, before turning to Sae. - "Why do you think that I'd be a good fighter? I've got basically no combat skill." He shrugged.

"It's difficult to explain, just trust me. So, what do you say about this opportunity?" Sae replied, casually denying him this information and asking for his decision.

"Of course I want to, it's just that I don't know if I'll be up to the task."

"If that's the only concern, then don't worry: you're more capable than you think; it surely won't be easy, but I'll try to help you as much as I can." He smiled.